Discuss Building a false floor for the new van. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks PM.

I just used some heavy duty runners I found on ebay. 20-60'' Pair Heavy Duty Drawer Runners Full Extension Ball Bearing Slide w/ Lock | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325296131510?var=514180280676 , they seem to work ok, but I have a feeling the locking mechanism could prove to be a right pain in the future when it decides to play up and I can't pull the draw out. I do like the fact it locks into place though, so there is no movement when driving. It would be interesting to see some pictures of yours if you fancy popping some on, indeed anyone's van storage solutions, small bits like tube holders or large racking system's. it would all be interesting and useful to see.

I'm determined to make work run as smoothly as possible and a well organised van is probably one of the main priorities.

I built the draw, so I could get the size exactly as I wanted to accommodate 4 of the bins I use. I put the least used items in there, with the very least used at the back. Paying someone to do this may have been a lot quicker, but I don't believe the end result would have been as useful or effective.

View attachment 113820

View attachment 113821

Lovely job. I'm impressed how far the drawer runners extend. This is my effort. I built them for my older model berlingo, and moved them over when I got the new one (new to me I mean). Apologies to forum members that are sensitive to clutter.

drawers.JPG

I used box section steel and skateboard bearings for the drawer runners, which works fairly well (a bit of rubbing on the R/H drawer these days), and can take a lot of weight. The drawers are easily the best thing I did to the van, they free up so much space. The racking could do with rethinking though. I'll get round to it one day!

Lovely job. I'm impressed how far the drawer runners extend. This is my effort. I built them for my older model berlingo, and moved them over when I got the new one (new to me I mean). Apologies to forum members that are sensitive to clutter.

View attachment 113835

I used box section steel and skateboard bearings for the drawer runners, which works fairly well (a bit of rubbing on the R/H drawer these days), and can take a lot of weight. The drawers are easily the best thing I did to the van, they free up so much space. The racking could do with rethinking though. I'll get round to it one day!
Your draw runners look equally as long as mine. Sounded odd saying that! Comparing lengths of men's draw runners :D
I'm surprised at how less space there is compared to the renault trafic, even with it being a LWB, so we have to utilise every single inch.

Finished!

I took the week off work and have at last finished the van. A week of lost work, but a really enjoyable week and now 10 years of reduced stress when working.

It was driving me crazy having it all just crammed on the van floor, all on top of each other. It took ages to move everything to find anything!

A bit of a decision to lose access from both side doors, but I gain a lot more storage.

van1.jpg

van2.jpg

van3.jpg

Nice job, OK where is the trap door.
You must be a diddy man to walk in to that or Alice in wondervan.
6ft, but slim. Sounds like a dating site!
I now officially love the van.
I have spent more time in the van over the past week than the house..
I'm cooking dinner, but I want to be in the van.
Van :)

I'm sorry to go on about the van yet again... but, It has made my working life a joy and I wanted to reiterate that, in case it jump starts some others into making their van more work friendly.

We perhaps go in and out to the van 5 - 10 times during a days work. Instead of dreading the trudge to the van I now actually enjoy each little visit as everything is in it's place, easy to find and easy to get to, plus it's just nice to look at (the inside bits, not the van itself... very sad I know).

Just a bit of a nudge to anyone to get their van sorted as it makes a huge difference to working happiness :)

I'm having a rethink.

Ive got the foldable box at the back.... but the lid has always got large items sitting on it... stepladders, cardboard box or two.... a flipping empty storage heater at the moment.... I've got to take everything off to open the lid to hunt for whatever im looking for...

Reply to Building a false floor for the new van. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net