Discuss C.K VDE Interchangeable Slim Bladed Screwdriver Set in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
1713536175477.png

Well i brought a set because i needed this MOD1 &2 (wouldnt mind but the shops didnt even know what i was talking about) S1&PH !!
well ANYway i paid OVER the odds at £45 (only £33 online) the Handle is a bit too SMOOTH for me no real grip on on it
PZ1 & 2, a few ranges of Slot and my "MOD1" and "MOD2" (which i wanted)
I did wonder if i could get a PH1 & 2 for it

1713536345017.png

cheap NON branded one for £13

1713536438867.png

Wera range
1713536501208.png
r
Draper Range 18 for £38

Anyone tried them in to Each others HOLE/MAKE/Screwdriver
Id sooner have a Wera Handle personally but i want the MOD1&2 and i like the PH2

Draper and Wera are not really interchangeable. I have both and although the inserts will fit both makes of handles they won't 'lock in place'

I think Modulo is just a CK brand name, everyone else calls them SL/PZ. The Wera set you posted has both SL/PZ1 and SL/PZ2 blades in the photo. Why not just buy the Wera blades to use in a Wera handle?

Blades available form Wera in just about every shape imaginable, including hex, torque, pz/sl, ph/sl. Problem is they aren't cheap to buy individually.

For me the beauty of interchangeable drivers is the options you can carry in very little pocket space, but it's no big deal to have other, less regularly used drivers, with fixed blades from another brand. I carry two Wera handles with PH2 and three slotted blades on daily basis. I don't need modulo unless doing a full board, so only lift it out of the box when needed - when working on individual circuits I crack on with a 5.5mm slotted blade.

You've bought and paid for this set, so get your money's worth out of it and don't worry too much about having other blades if they aren't easy to source cheaply.

Draper and Wera are not really interchangeable. I have both and although the inserts will fit both makes of handles they won't 'lock in place'
I do expect them to do little things to make it so you wont do it ..
But with so many Devices and items out in the World you get the Company making the same thing for two Brands
and instead of changing it they just keep the same but charge different.

I think Modulo is just a CK brand name, everyone else calls them SL/PZ. The Wera set you posted has both SL/PZ1 and SL/PZ2 blades in the photo. Why not just buy the Wera blades to use in a Wera handle?
That is what i want .. sadly i needed the "Modula 1 & 2 " at the time and was FORCED in to buying it or nothing at all.
My PZ1 was Mashing up the Screw and i couldnt get it tight grip on it.
I like Wera a LOT for the handle and my AIM is to get the SET..
My last Wera Screwdrivers where BORROWED at work to unscrew a Harbour (harden metal) and the Mother Flippers Guys i worked with BENT them.. left my cheap screwdriver alone..

D

Dustydazzler
uep that is the WORLD EVIL plan i have to do .. go for SlimLine like me (ok im not that slim im not slim at all im going to cry now and find a big bar of Chocolate)​

Well I brought a cheap one off eBay.
It clicks on ok.
Ebay ones are no slimline
And I would say the click bit less clicky!
Apart from that hard to see and feel a difference
Cheap one I like the grip on the handle as CK has got smooth !!
So have some trox T15 twice in this set!
PH0, 1, and 2 along with S5 & S6

CK
I got the Mod 1&2 with PZ1&2 and S0.6x3.5 and S1x4 l S1x6

Well I brought a cheap one off eBay.
It clicks on ok.
Ebay ones are no slimline
And I would say the click bit less clicky!
Apart from that hard to see and feel a difference
Cheap one I like the grip on the handle as CK has got smooth !!
So have some trox T15 twice in this set!
PH0, 1, and 2 along with S5 & S6

CK
I got the Mod 1&2 with PZ1&2 and S0.6x3.5 and S1x4 l S1x6
Just a note , it was just pointed out to me via tictoc :(
The cheap ones from eBay have been stamped 500v and the CK have 1000v

FYI, screwfix have 20% off all WERA until end of April.
Includes the weraform kompact interchangable screwdrivers.

Only from buying through the app.

Attachments

• IMG_5306.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 10
I personally wouldn't buy VDE screwdrivers of unknown origin from ebay. To be honest I wouldn't buy any screwdrivers from anything other than a known source.

1713953511098.jpg

I have a draper expert torque screwdriver kit and the bits are kinda interchangeable with my wera set. The hex size of the shafts are the same so they fit nicely but if you put a draper bit into the wera handle it does fully lock but it can be pulled in and out by about 5mm. If you put a wera bit into the draper handle it pushes all the way in and stays nicely with just friction but it doesn't actuall lock.

Incidentally the draper torque screwdriver kit comes with PZ1/SL and PZ2/SL along with 12 other bits as standard.

1713953671305.jpg

Just a note , it was just pointed out to me via tictoc :(
The cheap ones from eBay have been stamped 500v and the CK have 1000v
I wouldn't get too concerned about VDE ratings, it's mostly a sales pitch so manufacturers can profit more. VDE is just the name of an independant certification agency who declare that a tool complies with the tool definitions outlined in the IEC-60900 standard for insulated tools.

Firstly as far as I remember there's only VDE certification of IEC-60900 ratings of 1KV AC and 1.5 KV DC, I'll stand to be corrected but there's no 500v test outlined in the standard. Secondly most electricians don't comply with the storage, checking and usage outlined in the standard and I've yet to see a tool on site in everyday use that would actually be VDE compliant. The tools need to be stored in such a way to protect from environmental deterioration with regard to physical damage as well as temperature and humidity, they should be fully inspected every time before use and if they show any damage, no matter how minor, they should be disgarded and disposed of. Even minor marks or scratches or stains on the insulation would render them non compliant. I'm also guilty of non compliance if you look at the pics of my everyday wera screwdriver in the previous post.

There's actually several insulation classess of tool in the IEC-60900 standard. You get 'insulated tools' which are completely covered in insulation with the exception of the actual working surfaces of the tool.
Fully ins.jpg

There's also 'hybrid tools' which have an insulated body/handles but an exposed head/heads.
Hybrid.jpeg

Finally there's 'insulating tools' which are made completely of insulating material such as glass fiber reinforced nylon.
insulating.jpg

These tools are all defferent by design and they all have different uses but all these types of tools comply with one of the definitions in IEC-60900 and could be certified by the VDE agency.

Reply to C.K VDE Interchangeable Slim Bladed Screwdriver Set in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net