Discuss C-TEC fire alarm compatibility in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This means that I can no longer achieve a serial connection, instead I can connect it all in parallell and possibly put EOL at the end of each device.
NO!
An EOL on any one of the spurs will tell the panel that all of them of fault-free, so you could remove any of the heads and it wouldn't know about it.
Can you possibly pull 4-core through on one of the cable runes using the existing 2 core, and use an 8 zone panel?

NO!
An EOL on any one of the spurs will tell the panel that all of them of fault-free, so you could remove any of the heads and it wouldn't know about it.
Can you possibly pull 4-core through on one of the cable runes using the existing 2 core, and use an 8 zone panel?
yeah... I do know that this is messed up... making each wire connection one individual zone would be the obvious choice avoiding having to re-wire...

Any recommendation of a panel that would take this?

I don’t think avoiding the rewire or at the least some additional cables is going to work
so there are no panels out there that would accept a "parallel connection" of devices or be able to offer 9 zones? Every one of my detectors and call points are wired individially to the central point, enabling every one to become "a zone"

so there are no panels out there that would accept a "parallel connection" of devices or be able to offer 9 zones? Every one of my detectors and call points are wired individially to the central point, enabling every one to become "a zone"
Normal conventional is out for reasons above.
Normal addressable is out as you haven't got a loop and manufactures have quite strict rules about spurs that I'm fairly sure you couldn't meet in this case.
So that leave's the special cases....
Twinflex Pro is out as it also has end-of-line.
The only panel I can think of that MAY work is the Infinity ID2 range. I say that because it doesn't use EOL devices, it learns the devices and polls them. I believe it would still work with two radials in one zone. Before taking my word for this please check this is supported by the manufacture. After all this is a critical life saving system.

I'd still highly recommend finding a solution that kept it 'normal' and compatible with the majority of panels.
Is there no way to run a cable between any two devices and discard one of the radials to the panel so you are down to 8 zones?

Another (better) possibility, look at ESP Magfire - I think they make a 12 zone conventional panel. Very basic but it might be your only option.

Normal conventional is out for reasons above.
Normal addressable is out as you haven't got a loop and manufactures have quite strict rules about spurs that I'm fairly sure you couldn't meet in this case.
So that leave's the special cases....
Twinflex Pro is out as it also has end-of-line.
The only panel I can think of that MAY work is the Infinity ID2 range. I say that because it doesn't use EOL devices, it learns the devices and polls them. I believe it would still work with two radials in one zone. Before taking my word for this please check this is supported by the manufacture. After all this is a critical life saving system.

I'd still highly recommend finding a solution that kept it 'normal' and compatible with the majority of panels.
Is there no way to run a cable between any two devices and discard one of the radials to the panel so you are down to 8 zones?
thanls for the suggestion, well, if I cant find something that will accept my current set up then I will simply have to either re-wire or loose one detector to make it 8 zones

Reply to C-TEC fire alarm compatibility in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net