Discuss Calculating Power Requirements For A New House After Diversity in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pemills

Hi all, I am not an electrician by trade but need a answer, if possible, as to how best calculate the power requirements for a new house that I am building, my electrical network supplier has asked me if I can tell them what the house will require after diversity, as I do not have an electrician on board yet I am simply trying to get the network (UK Power Networks) to give me an approximate price for supplying the house with a single or 3 phase supply.

I appreciate there will be a need to calculate this once we have a full spec for the house, which will have a ground source heat pump as well as all the usual electrical white goods, gadgets and gizmo's but getting even a ball park figure for budgetary purposes is proving to be a little difficult , can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance

I'm with Murdoch on this.

Cheers guy's I have been in touch with a couple of sparky's and I will be engaging one sooner rather than later but UK Power Networks new connections dept are still asking for the KVA requirement!!

Reply to Calculating Power Requirements For A New House After Diversity in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone, I am currently in the process of estimating the electrical demand for a new construction development that will consist of an...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
I removed my baseboard electrical heaters (1981 installed) due to finishing off the room. When I had a new AC ductwork installed they changed the...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, I am currently working on a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) consisting of 10 flats, with three parking spots equipped with...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock