Discuss Calling new(er) shape VW Caddy van drivers. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rossinator

I own a new(er) shape VW Caddy Van and I'm looking to make (or buy) some kind of storage solution, racking etc. for it. I really want to get stuff organised and up off the floor and avoid it turning into a mess. My Caddy happens to have two side sliding doors - not sure if this is a benefit or hinderance when it comes to doing racking...

I'd love to see and/or hear about what any of you other VW Caddy van drivers have got setup for yourselves?

if you dont need height could you rais the floor and use "under bed " boxes from Ikea ect means you still have full floor area only losing a bit of height also good for keepin fluo tubes under floor and away from damage

I own a new(er) shape VW Caddy Van and I'm looking to make (or buy) some kind of storage solution, racking etc. for it. I really want to get stuff organised and up off the floor and avoid it turning into a mess. My Caddy happens to have two side sliding doors - not sure if this is a benefit or hinderance when it comes to doing racking...

I'd love to see and/or hear about what any of you other VW Caddy van drivers have got setup for yourselves?

Dont want to hijack the thread, but seriously considering changing my Connect for a caddy, are they any good, do i get the 69ps or 104ps ?

Dont want to hijack the thread, but seriously considering changing my Connect for a caddy, are they any good, do i get the 69ps or 104ps ?

servicing and parts are probably a dam site more for a VW, My connect touch wood has been fine for 5 yrs no major problems, apart from servicing. Look for Bott Racking or sortimo second hand on ebay if you don't want to pay top dollar for new stuff, it is well worth it by the best you can afford.

http://www.bott-direct.co.uk/van-ra...ving-and-storage-system/volkswagen-caddy.html

Last edited by a moderator:

104 mate.....the 69 is vastly underpowered when loaded and doesn't give you much faith in overtaking either due to it being non turbo. I've had both on lease over the years but only get the 104 now.

Also if it's within reach, I reccomend the caddy maxi.

Last edited by a moderator:

New(er) shape Caddy is based on the Mk5 Golf, so you get some excellent engineering and feels like a car to drive. I have a 69ps, could do with a little more oompf, but good enough - get about 570 miles out of a 60 litre tank of diesel.

Oh and 69ps has no turbo to go wrong...

The 104 TDI will return 480 miles on a tank full, thats with me abusing it too!

I looked at racking for mine, the sortimo was the best I found but, costly. I ended up putting a couple of samll shelves in it just for bits & bobs as there isn't a lot of room for shelving really.

In the end I got a T5, just needed more room.

servicing and parts are probably a dam site more for a VW, My connect touch wood has been fine for 5 yrs no major problems, apart from servicing. Look for Bott Racking or sortimo second hand on ebay if you don't want to pay top dollar for new stuff, it is well worth it by the best you can afford.

Volkswagen Caddy | Modulo - Small Van Racking, Shelving and Storage System | Van Racking, Shelving and Storage Systems | Van Racking and Storage Systems, Roof Racks | Bott Direct

Thanks for the link, stuff looks amazing. I saw your van in the "show us your van" section and that looks amazing...
Not much Sortimo to be found on the 'bay and difficult to work out what Bott stuff I would require, but good pointers, thanks.

Personally I would block the second sliding door and sacrifice it for extra racking space I can't think when I've ever thought I really need another sliding door. Lots of m8's with vitos with one locked side door :p

The 104 TDI will return 480 miles on a tank full, thats with me abusing it too!

I looked at racking for mine, the sortimo was the best I found but, costly. I ended up putting a couple of samll shelves in it just for bits & bobs as there isn't a lot of room for shelving really.

In the end I got a T5, just needed more room.

T5 will indeed be the one when I have paid off debt and saved.

Reply to Calling new(er) shape VW Caddy van drivers. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net