Discuss Cannot find any Type B's Please point me in right direction.. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have already gone over the whole Rcd situation as many of you have also probably seen numerous threads. My problem is i cannot find any Type B rcd's anywhere!

I have installed A TL inverter. At the moment cable is buried but if i can even find a 100mA i will re-route the cable to avoid the 30mA.

I have MCS assessment next week and i cant connect the mains up until i find an rcd, I have called every wholesaler and trawled the web to no avail,

Please if anyone knows where i can get my hands on one point me in the right direction!?

Im never using TL inverters again if getting the Rcd's are this much trouble!!

Many thanks

Silbert Solar - Andy 0'Leary - 0[FONT=&quot]1252 815518[/FONT]

Depending on the make and model of the inverter a Type A 100ma might be OK.

I have installed A TL inverter. At the moment cable is buried but if i can even find a 100mA i will re-route the cable to avoid the 30mA.

At the risk of labouring the point, if you re-route to avoid the need for a 30mA rcd, then you are unlikely to need any rcd at all, so the problem goes away.

Lol, Doepke are actually a very high quality manufacturer, based in Germany. You might be surprised at the number of brands out there that are actually made and badged by Doepke, especially RCDs. Specifically for Type-B design, Doepke and Siemens are the only 2 manufacturers globally who have the history and patents relative to the design and functionality of the device.

Reply to Cannot find any Type B's Please point me in right direction.. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net