Search the forum,

Discuss Can't think of the name???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bk81

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a mental block!

I'm trying to think of the name of the little copper bar that goes between the load side of a circuit breaker and a crimped cable?

It's for a 2P 63A Type C mcb with bar connecting the switched part so rated to 125A, they have a crimped 50mm cable, it looks like a copper upside down Y with a 6mm or 8mm screwed terminal on

What's the name???

Someone stop me from going mad! :wink_smile:

Cheers

Connection Extension bar/breaker connection adapter bar, if i'm understanding what your talking about!! lol!! Used where the cable size is too large, to fit directly into the protective device etc... Come in several different configurations to suite the breaker and wiring/connection method being used!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers.

Yeah it's that copper bit that goes in the thing then you join the other bit to it, you know the one!

Too young for my mind going to mush....I hope

So....anyone know where I can get them?

It's almost as hard to find a wholesalers as it is to find the name, been googling for the best part of today.

I think my brain has finally melted on this! lol

Connection Extension bar/breaker connection adapter bar, if i'm understanding what your talking about!! lol!! Used where the cable size is too large, to fit directly into the protective device etc... Come in several different configurations to suite the breaker and wiring/connection method being used!!

Cable Lugs, Pin Type Tinned Copper Cable Terminal Ends, Pin Type Lugs,View Cable Terminal Ends,ACE Product Details from SUPER IMPEX on Alibaba.com

Possibly ???

Good try Golden Boy, but no prize yet! lol

joint connection.png

This might explain it a bit better.

It's a part that lets you connect 1 x crimped 50mm cable into a 2 pole 63A (effective 125A) mcb.

You can see from the photo the crimped cable lug is connected to the mini busbar with a bolt/nut.

Answers on a postcard! :)

In the Electrical world, use of correct terminology is key, so i will set the record right.
The title for the item of equipment you describe, and that someone has kindly put a photo up, is known as a "Short Stay". Make sure you ask for this at the wholesalers as they will understand what you mean.

Cheers.............Howard.

In the Electrical world, use of correct terminology is key, so i will set the record right.
The title for the item of equipment you describe, and that someone has kindly put a photo up, is known as a "Short Stay". Make sure you ask for this at the wholesalers as they will understand what you mean.

... As opposed to a 'long stay'?
Good luck finding one of those in any distributors around here; my old boss sent me to get one once, none of the ones I went to had any. They had a good look for me though.

dont know about `short stay` Howard...
had a lot of fun though sending the works dimmer to the stores for a `long stand`...
glass hammer, a bucket of steam & some welding sparks spring to mind here n all....

I found one!!!!!!

My work makes one for our systems, no wonder cos tryin to find them anywhere else is a nightmare! lol

In my work it is called a 2 pole bridge

2 pole bridge.jpg

dont know about `short stay` Howard...
had a lot of fun though sending the works dimmer to the stores for a `long stand`...
glass hammer, a bucket of steam & some welding sparks spring to mind here n all....

Dont want to hijack the thread, but my best one was when i was in the RAF and i sent a new recruit to give a box of bearings to the Senior Navigation School Officer to replace the ones he had lost.

Ah, a 2 pole bridge...... If only you had asked the question more clearly. Like - what's a 2 pole bridge called? I'm certain some of the cleverer ones on here would have been able to give you an answer

Reply to Can't think of the name???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net