Discuss Carrol & Meynell isolation transformer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
This is for lab use where I need a transformer with a known level insulation and appropriately tested.

I have now sent 3 messages to:
Carroll & Meynell - Transformers for industry - Isolation Transformer, 230/230V, 3kVA - CM3000/230 - http://www.carroll-meynell.com/portable-isolation-transformers/item/isolation-transformer-3kva-cm3000-230

but they have remained in an "Awaiting moderation" state for some weeks?

Are Carroll and Meynell still a going concern? I see their last Tweet was from 2 years ago and wondering if there any reason why they are playing dumb?

Give the a ring, see if they answer. I'm guessing they are still going since their website is live.

I have bought from them recently. FWIW I use the same transformers for isolated bench supply in my lab & workshop.

I have bought from them recently. FWIW I use the same transformers for isolated bench supply in my lab & workshop.

To be honest there is little else on the market. It bothers me there is no isolation spec for the secondary. Without that I don't feel I have carried out sufficient due diligence to ensure no one receives a shoc, or worse!

It's a transformer made by a well renowned company specifically to provide safety isolation. Why do you doubt its safety?

It's a transformer made by a well renowned company specifically to provide safety isolation. Why do you doubt its safety?

Most of their transformers aren't isolating transformers and have earth centre tapped secondaries.

This is an entirely different situation; where it would be trivial for Carroll and Meynell to provide creepage / air clearances and give details of flash testing or similar.

If they were a renowned company with safety in mind, they would provide the evidence to go with their claim.

Reply to Carrol & Meynell isolation transformer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net