Discuss Cat 6 phone line help. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

rwwetzel

DIY
Reaction score
I hope this is the right place for this. I have one phone line in my house and its a cat 6. I'm planning on adding a line in our kitchen, so my question is can I piggy back off the cat 6 phone jack to a new phone outlet? In this picture, the blue lines are the phone, can I pop a new set of wires into this and over to where the new phone jack will be? I hope I'm being clear, I know what I mean, but that doesn't always mean others will get it. :)

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• phone.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 15
I hope this is the right place for this. I have one phone line in my house and its a cat 6. I'm planning on adding a line in our kitchen, so my question is can I piggy back off the cat 6 phone jack to a new phone outlet? In this picture, the blue lines are the phone, can I pop a new set of wires into this and over to where the new phone jack will be? I hope I'm being clear, I know what I mean, but that doesn't always mean others will get it. :)

Thanks for any help.
All you can do is try it and hope it works out. Shouldn’t be a hazardous condition. Good luck

Reply to Cat 6 phone line help. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, after temporary removing a Sonoff that I've installed years ago to do some painting, I'm unable to get everything back to work. I've...
Replies
Views
I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views
Running an Ethernet cable to my outdoor studio. I did this successfully before using cat 5 but cable severed. Run a new cable cat 6e. This cable...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock