Discuss central heating help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Welshsparky

Wired in a y plan heating system not so long back , all was well until the boiler packed in a few months back , the new boiler has terminals for the external stat inside the control panel , my stat cable goes back to the wiring centre , the stat no longer works? Help please?

Wired in a y plan heating system not so long back , all was well until the boiler packed in a few months back , the new boiler has terminals for the external stat inside the control panel , my stat cable goes back to the wiring centre , the stat no longer works? Help please?

What make of boiler is it? sometimes you can link out the terminals or sometimes there's a fixed link you need to remove.

Think you will find the stat terminals in boiler are also the boiler switch live (saves them messing about from system to combis in same range)

I really can't think what make the boiler is , their is a link between the two stat terminals though

Take it out and it will work fine, had this same prob the other week and a friend of mine helped me out with it, is it a combi being used as a system boiler? coz I think its for when u use an internal programmer and so don't have any other control wiring

Reply to central heating help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a fully pumped Y plan heating system using a Potterton EP2 programmer. Drayton MA1 Diverter valve. I have just replaced the Actuator head...
Replies
Views
I have not had to do the wiring for a wet underfloor heating system before. I think I started a thread fairly recently and had some very good...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
Hi people, I’m new to the forum, first post so here goes. I’m wiring a heating control system and at the moment the customer wants as follows; A...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Would be grateful for some advice. Would like to add an additional light (Undercabinet 8W LED Batten light) to a two-way light switch...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock