Discuss chasing in oval conduits and filling in chases advice please in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

We done a job recently and used large round conduit. and was glad that we did as trying to get 2 number 2.5mm t&e down an oval conduit after we had plastered the wall up would have been a nightmare.
Just a thought.

cheers markie didnt know these existed i noticed the one wher you can actually set the depth (by the look in the pic) very good mate fingers crossed on the chaser but definatelyt a good buy if not thanks for than mate

We done a job recently and used large round conduit. and was glad that we did as trying to get 2 number 2.5mm t&e down an oval conduit after we had plastered the wall up would have been a nightmare.
Just a thought.

Why that way around? I would have thought you'd run cables before plastering!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II via Tapatalk

had a go chasing a double backbox in one of the bedrooms using the sitch drilling method and chiseled out the middle with a flat sds chisel worked really well very tidy way of doing it not much dust in the air and as mentioned tidy enough to not need to fill around the backbox when its in place, oredered a circular sds cutter but not the square box cutter as ive read about how useless they are on red brick but the circular cutters are meant to be pretty good worth a try at ÂŁ16 anyway

Hi I recently bought a Erbauer wall chaser from screwfix for ÂŁ99.99. Its a great bit kit for the money, connected to my henry the dust was almost non existant. Use it for what you want then stick it on ebay you should get a good price, but I wouldn't be suprised if you keep it after using it. Tip though dont pull the chaser out of the wall until the discs stop keeping vacuum going.

you are right, but I learnt a valuable lesson which is that you can easily get 2 number 2.5 down a large round conduit but not oval. So it makes it better if something goes wrong.

Hi I recently bought a Erbauer wall chaser from screwfix for ÂŁ99.99. Its a great bit kit for the money, connected to my henry the dust was almost non existant. Use it for what you want then stick it on ebay you should get a good price, but I wouldn't be suprised if you keep it after using it. Tip though dont pull the chaser out of the wall until the discs stop keeping vacuum going.

I was going to "dust was almost non-existent" sounded a bit of an exaggeration - I use a Sparky chaser + Henry combination and can only minimize the dust. However, I haven't tried the your tip on letting the discs stop - will try that next time.

If I can't clear the whole room and there's only chasing to do on a couple of walls I staple plastic sheeting to the ceiling, to form a wall around the work area. That works very well and doesn't take long to rig up. When you pull out the staples a dab of caulk hides the tiny holes.

This has got me thinking. A while back I asked about replacing existing cables and asked if it was allowed in the cavity.

I was told the cables needed to be suitably supported.

Does that mean that running in oval conduit with no clips on the cable qualify as a suitable support then?

You can fix it by using a 5.5mm SDS raw plugs, penny washers and a philips screw. Just drill next to the chase and use the washer over the top of the conduit to hold it in place.

as far as im concerned when my conduits are covered in bonding and the finishing plaster theyll be pretty secure and my cables will be clipped up to the drops so secure enough imo tbh

as far as im concerned when my conduits are covered in bonding and the finishing plaster theyll be pretty secure and my cables will be clipped up to the drops so secure enough imo tbh

That's what I was thinking would be the answer and I am happy with that.

Reply to chasing in oval conduits and filling in chases advice please in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net