Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Chasing out walls... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Various chisels...specifically scutch chisel, hammer, drill, vacuum cleaner, sometimes wall chaser.....oh, and of course elbow grease.....

I normally only use a scutch chisel, sometimes use the 36v Bosch SDS but I prefer the control of the scutch chisel.

I've had the fortunate experience of having played with quite a few chasers. Had a metabo one ( basically a grinder with 2discs and a 50mm spacer between them). It wasn't great, far too much stoor. Had a few variations of them on different sites. The one I'm using the now is the bees knees. A hilti se20 with a hilti vcd50 vacuum are great. When chasing I don't even need to wear a dust mask. Bad point - Tends to trip the trany thermal cut out if using for more than like 20mins so we have to sometimes use 2 tranys. Very expensive to buy tho but you get what you pay for. And for channeling the brick out I've got a 110v Bosch multi drill or a 230v version with a50mm bit and a 70mm bit for back boxes

best tool for chasing is, as always was, and always will be is...,.......
M
M
M
MM
M
+
+
+
+
+
an apprentice.

With out a doubt the Hilti twin diamond blade wall chaser with the dust extractor is the best chasing tool I have ever used, expensive but wipes the floor with any off the other wall chasers I have used, mine got nicked along with my van, actually phoned hss hire today to enquire about one, £110 a day, even dick Turpin wore a mask

Hilti double disc SE20 stuck to a hoover. With decent blades it goes like a hot knife through butter, even in our Guernsey concrete blocks made of granite chippings! Adjustable width and depth makes it easy, and whack the bits out with an SDS chisel bit.

hilti_dc_se_kanal_acma_makinasi_d_medium.jpg

With out a doubt the Hilti twin diamond blade wall chaser with the dust extractor is the best chasing tool I have ever used, expensive but wipes the floor with any off the other wall chasers I have used, mine got nicked along with my van, actually phoned hss hire today to enquire about one, £110 a day, even dick Turpin wore a mask

Theres usually a few on ebay for about 3-400 (second hand obv) That will be my next purchase I recon and a decent big Hoover. Might be worth thinking about if u intend to hire one for more than a few days.

£110 notes a day... but they chased the walls as well.. Yeah?

- - - Updated - - -

Hilti double disc SE20 stuck to a hoover. With decent blades it goes like a hot knife through butter, even in our Guernsey concrete blocks made of granite chippings! Adjustable width and depth makes it easy, and whack the bits out with an SDS chisel bit.

hilti_dc_se_kanal_acma_makinasi_d_medium.jpg
why`s everyone dribblin and slaverin over these things for?...
get the chase belted out with hammer, bolster and chisel.....
stop bein so bloody idle....

Last edited:
Hammer and chisel?! Is this the 1920's? They've invented power tools now to do the job in a fraction of the time. To cut and knock out a socket-to-ceiling chase with an SE20 and sds chisel I can do one in two or three minutes. How long would it take standing there going tap tap tap tap tap tap (god my arm aches) tap tap tap on a chisel? Ages. If you refuse to use power chasers, do you also ignore powered vans and walk to the wholesalers with a wheelbarrow? ;)

Hammer and chisel?! Is this the 1920's? They've invented power tools now to do the job in a fraction of the time. To cut and knock out a socket-to-ceiling chase with an SE20 and sds chisel I can do one in two or three minutes. How long would it take standing there going tap tap tap tap tap tap (god my arm aches) tap tap tap on a chisel? Ages. If you refuse to use power chasers, do you also ignore powered vans and walk to the wholesalers with a wheelbarrow? ;)
well if all you can manage is `tap tap tap`.....then i sympathise with you...
when i chase out its `bang bang bang`......
dint take me long fella.....i guarentee it....

It must be nice working in brick houses, here in Guernsey we have to chase through concrete made of granite, or in older houses solid granite. Buggers up your chisel points something chronic!

Norton clipper ... Easy stood up to the hilti I also owned... But now sold

I now use a hilti grinder with hilti wall chasing adaptor on the odd occasion I do and chasing

Norton
-
DC9F19A2-070F-44BA-AB80-36971A3E51DC-1835-000001D2B567CCD1.jpg

Reply to Chasing out walls... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net