Discuss College student needing help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just had my design project handed back to me from my last block and I got everything right apart from one question
Q9
I would take a photo but it won’t let me upload it ( says it’s to big to upload and something to do with the server )
The question was to give a example of where you may find supplementary equipotential bonding in the hotel
My answer was in a bathroom between water pipes for sink and electric shower head metal casing - this got marked wrong with the reasoning being “ we don’t tend to use supplemtary binding in bathrooms any more so where else would you find it in your hotel and what is it for ?”
I understand that supplementary bonding usually takes place between a extraneous conductive part and a exposed conductive part but I am still abit stuck as to thinking off a example
There is a commercial kitchen , cafe , swimming pool , sauna
Hotel rooms with bathrooms in it
Fire alarm systems
Air condition systems
Could it take place between a radiator
Would the swimming pool equipment need supplementary bonding
Would the air conditioning systems need supplementary bonding like between air condition systems and central heating systems ?

Just had my design project handed back to me from my last block and I got everything right apart from one question
Q9
I would take a photo but it won’t let me upload it ( says it’s to big to upload and something to do with the server )
The question was to give a example of where you may find supplementary equipotential bonding in the hotel
My answer was in a bathroom between water pipes for sink and electric shower head metal casing - this got marked wrong with the reasoning being “ we don’t tend to use supplemtary binding in bathrooms any more so where else would you find it in your hotel and what is it for ?”
I understand that supplementary bonding usually takes place between a extraneous conductive part and a exposed conductive part but I am still abit stuck as to thinking off a example
There is a commercial kitchen , cafe , swimming pool , sauna
Hotel rooms with bathrooms in it
Fire alarm systems
Air condition systems
Could it take place between a radiator
Would the swimming pool equipment need supplementary bonding
Would the air conditioning systems need supplementary bonding like between air condition systems and central heating systems ?
https://electrical.------.org/wiring-matters/years/2019/76-july-2019/protective-bonding-habits/ This should help (it's from the eye ee tee)

Reply to College student needing help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net