Search the forum,

Discuss commercial electric in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bdspark

My customer is having his supply upgraded from 3ph 80a per phase to 160a per phase. This will obviously require 50mm metre tails. I will also upgrade the bonding etc. The building currently has 2 DB's with 100a 3 pole main switches in the utility cupboard.
Should I install two MEM 200a 3ph isolator switches (change fuses to 100a). Bring in the 50mm tails then send 25mm tails from the isolator to the DB. Or is there any other way around this.

My customer is having his supply upgraded from 3ph 80a per phase to 160a per phase. This will obviously require 50mm metre tails. I will also upgrade the bonding etc. The building currently has 2 DB's with 100a 3 pole main switches in the utility cupboard.
Should I install two MEM 200a 3ph isolator switches (change fuses to 100a). Bring in the 50mm tails then send 25mm tails from the isolator to the DB. Or is there any other way around this.

Why Obviously 50mm²??

What's the point of paying all that money for 160A per phase when you are going to fuse it back down to 100A??

Do you actually know what you are doing, if the answer is yes, then why ask the question?

Reply to commercial electric in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So far I have never had to deal with a new supply but a possible site we are looking at will need some major changes and so I wondered if folks...
Replies
Views
Had UKPN come out to a property recently to upgrade the main fuse from 60A to 100A but when they arrived they said that the supply cable which he...
Replies
Views
When coming across the average common cable in UK residential/commercial setups, is there a way via cable diameter/thickness that we can...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a self-build amateur - I'll be running cables and getting system sign-off/inspection by certified competent person, and am just working...
Replies
Views
Hi, we are converting old farm buildings to commercial units, and as my father used to run a vacuum pump and compressor in his dairy I always...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock