Discuss Competent Person Schemes and the NVQ3 in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

if the 2357 is needed for new people, and they have 2360 then would they need to do the whole course?
the 2357 is as i understand it is made from the 2360/2330 and am2 etc with site visits

I spoke to napit about this last week and they didn't seem to think it will happen on the date mentioned.

Also as far as they are concerned 236 is level 3 and if you hold 236 parts 1 & 2 you will not be required to do any more.

I had a link to this a few months back. I can't locate it at the moment. It was a PDF document via the ECS website and has now been removed. It stated that the domestic electrician would become a new ECS card grading and that NVQ level 3 qualifications would be required. I will attempt to dig out the link.

If you read through the documentation the JIB will be aligning themselves with the relevant competent person schemes

Just spoke to the NICEIC. There is ammendments in July. They state catergoricaly that there will be no changes to what they require in terms of qualifications. I read the statement to them and they said thats nothing to do with them.

What I'm trying to emphasise is that all of the schemes will be looking at raising vocational requirements ie NVQ3. This domestic electrician (not installer) will be at the QS level and in the JIB's case align nicely with the Gold Card Holders.

I didnt catch your post. But would also like to add that the document I pointed to is a draft only and has been in discussion for months.

Cheers

I've spoken to the IET also. The comments were

1) They didn't want the press release to go out as seen on the Edmundson website

2) It is the schemes NAPIT, ECA, NIC who have decided this is necessary ie NVQ3

3) The IET foresee this going ahead in 12 months at the earliest.

4) The schemes are currently looking into the costings for bringing this into place, ie marketing, training etc

5) And as said before the schemes decide the levels for QS not the IET although it makes sense for the IET and the JIB to align themselves with the schemes

I've spoken to the IET also. The comments were

1) They didn't want the press release to go out as seen on the Edmundson website

2) It is the schemes NAPIT, ECA, NIC who have decided this is necessary ie NVQ3

3) The IET foresee this going ahead in 12 months at the earliest.

4) The schemes are currently looking into the costings for bringing this into place, ie marketing, training etc

5) And as said before the schemes decide the levels for QS not the IET although it makes sense for the IET and the JIB to align themselves with the schemes

So its not July and it is still in the schemes hands what they accept. Nic and Napit just told me they aren't changing it.

No "new" qualifications are needed, if you already hold an NVQ level 3 in installation work, you will not be affected by the changes.

-------------------------
Richard Townsend
Senior Engineer
Standards and Compliance
THE IET

Reply to Competent Person Schemes and the NVQ3 in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net