Discuss compex exam issues in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Alan dale

I am new to this. I live in Florida and recently took Compex 1-4 exam I passed the practical but failed Section 1& 2 on exam so have to retake in 8 days. I am experienced electrician, but the section, class, etc terminology is new. Does anyone have practice exams they can email me?

Welcome to the forum.
Note that this forum is UK based so there may be regulation differences, although I am not sure if compex is universal.

You probably need to just brush up on your terminology and the meanings for this terminology.
The first run can be considered a practice run to allow you to expand your understanding of the areas that need addressing.

I am afraid I have no further advice available, but just to wish you luck for the next time.

Compex is split into 4 units for gas and vapour atmospheres. Ex 1 to 4. Ex 1+2 are d,e,n type protection (there are other types). 1 being installation and 2 being inspection. Unit 3 + 4 are Intrinsically safe equipment and systems. Unit 3 being installation and 4 being inspection. Class I equipment is below ground (mines) Class II is 'usually' above ground. Do you use class, div, group (NEC 500) or class and zone (NEC 505) at the moment when working in US ?

Can we have a little thought lads as to why when you peruse the forum you don't see spam filled threads or links to sites that may contain malware or viruses etc?

Its because we actively check and vet any links posted, if your link is automatically blocked then this would suggest that it has already been put on the block list possibly for breaching forum rules for spam, unaceptable content etc or because the sites security software considers the link a risk.

If you have any questions about a link you are trying to get up then please ask otherwise PM the link details to the member concerned directly. :)

There's several reasons that links are blocked by the forum word filter (it's an automated process and has got nothing to do with the Mods). Tiny u r l are blocked for members protection because there's no indication where they lead without clicking them, if you want to unwittingly herd people to a webpage containing malicious script then Tiny u r l would be a handy tool to use. Some websites/domains have been blocked at the request of their owners, some other forums are filtered because of friction in the past and some domains have been blocked deliberately by us in response to persistent spam/unauthorised advertising or link-building activities. The latter is to protect the forum sponsors who pay for their exposure on the forum which in turn helps keep it free for the members.

Last edited:
So as you can see guys. It is not paranoia by moderators. These links are blocked for our protection. lmfao

Sorry Staff, this post has rattled my cage big style :32:(I'm playing nicely...for now)

2 weeks ago whilst checking posts before they pop up on the forum FOR YOUR BENEFIT, one had some "LINKS" on them. Checked them out, not the kind of thing we need to see on this forum, they were never seen by any member on here thank God. One was a Worm program! For 4 days someone had remote access to my personal computer because of it!!!

Forum password changed straight away for a start btw. I've also had to do a full system security sweep of my laptop and phone (which are linked via e-mail) to try and sort this out. Because of this virus/worm, my phone died. Only yesterday I had to get a new mobile phone contract with a new number (that I will change over tomorrow for all of those that call me from here). On-line banking, accounts and personal contacts have now been changed to a new e-mail address with new passwords. I have lost work because of this. On line banking now up and running again. On line accounting still frozen so I have no idea who owes me what??? FFS I'm giving quotes with pen and paper!!!!

You can "laugh your f-ing arse off" all you want. You have no idea what the Staff do to keep this place running. We are not paid for doing this and ALL of us put a lot of time and effort into the forum FOR EVERY ONES BENEFIT.

This little episode has cost me a bit of money due to this forum and I find the comments against staff very, very, very disrespectful.

Think about that next time before you or anyone posts something up about the Staff.

Sorry Staff, this post has rattled my cage big style :32:(I'm playing nicely...for now)

2 weeks ago whilst checking posts before they pop up on the forum FOR YOUR BENEFIT, one had some "LINKS" on them. Checked them out, not the kind of thing we need to see on this forum, they were never seen by any member on here thank God. One was a Worm program! For 4 days someone had remote access to my personal computer because of it!!!

Forum password changed straight away for a start btw. I've also had to do a full system security sweep of my laptop and phone (which are linked via e-mail) to try and sort this out. Because of this virus/worm, my phone died. Only yesterday I had to get a new mobile phone contract with a new number (that I will change over tomorrow for all of those that call me from here). On-line banking, accounts and personal contacts have now been changed to a new e-mail address with new passwords. I have lost work because of this. On line banking now up and running again. On line accounting still frozen so I have no idea who owes me what??? FFS I'm giving quotes with pen and paper!!!!

You can "laugh your f-ing arse off" all you want. You have no idea what the Staff do to keep this place running. We are not paid for doing this and ALL of us put a lot of time and effort into the forum FOR EVERY ONES BENEFIT.

This little episode has cost me a bit of money due to this forum and I find the comments against staff very, very, very disrespectful.

Think about that next time before you or anyone posts something up about the Staff.

paul.m grab a default deny antivirus program.

avg etc are default allow and use a blacklist so arw worthless against new threats.

programs like comodo are default deny with a built in whitelist that only allows programs to run if there on it without your intervention.

dr webs cure-it and a coldboot antivirus program would have gotten rid of if

Reply to compex exam issues in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net