Discuss Contactum DP RCBO source in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Alan-N

Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone aware of a supplier for Contactum 40A Type A B Curve 1P+N Compact RCBO's (CCPBR06401AB) Google has let me down. I have checked all the usual suspects (TLC, Screwfix, Toolstation, Rexel, Yess, CEF etc), and nobody lists a DP only SP

I'm baffled TBH, I know they make them as CCPBR06401AB, The distributors must know that every EV charger needs a double pole type A, yet nobody has them or appears to have ever had them, the AFDD comes in at a rather punchy £157.80 Including VAT. I might try contacting Contactum and asking who orders them

I'm baffled TBH, I know they make them as CCPBR06401AB, The distributors must know that every EV charger needs a double pole type A, yet nobody has them or appears to have ever had them, the AFDD comes in at a rather punchy £157.80 Including VAT. I might try contacting Contactum and asking who orders them
Yes, it is strange.
However, wouldn't the charger itself (or at least some of them) normally incorporate the Type A double pole RCD, so don't you just need appropriate protection for the supply circuit? e.g. 40 amp MCB and use SWA, taking a blind guess

Yes, it is strange.
However, wouldn't the charger itself (or at least some of them) normally incorporate the Type A double pole RCD, so don't you just need appropriate protection for the supply circuit? e.g. 40 amp MCB and use SWA, taking a blind guess
Unfortunately, most of the charge points that suggest they have in built type A RCD are a bit misleading, the device although likely equivalent doesn't meet the specific BS requirements listed in the regs, it's often an RCD-DD. A myenergi Zappi for example which fooled us all for a long time with its claim of on board type A, if you dig into the latest models datasheet you will find this "Check Local Wiring Regulations for a Separate Type A RCD"
It's safer to install one you know meets the regs and crucially has a test button, or it can't be routinely tested. (I'm ignoring issues of discrimination, as the device in the charge point usually self resets

Thank you @Alan-N, I've just had a cursory glance at 722.531 and following regs and see exactly what you mean.
I admit I had been taken in hook link and sinker by myEnergi proclaiming:
"zappi provides this protection in accordance with EN 62955 (Integral 30mA Type A RCD + 6mA DC leakage protection)."

At first glance it looks great! I'm rather glad to learn this, so thanks again.

At my training with the Zappi, I was informed that, at the time, patents etc were still being processed, so best to fit an upstream type A RCD until their proprietary device was recognised as an RCD.

OK for the benefit of the next person to make this journey, spoke to very helpfull person at Contactum, the only distributor that has this on the shelves is Wilson Electrical Distributors, and as @mattg4321 mentioned others can order them in singles, she mentioned specifically TLC via customer services and Yess
Thanks for all suggestions

Reply to Contactum DP RCBO source in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock