Discuss Cooker problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Guys, I am getting lost here. I was after some advice that is all, I have received some very good advice and thank you to those people.

It just seems now I am getting slated, like a Board of Inquiry.

Yes you did say it was a note of recommendation, but you must have had a good reason to recommend this? otherwise why did you write this note? and if you did have a good reason to recommend that some cables be replaced then logically they must be unfit for continued service and so the installation must be unsatisfactory.
However if the installation is in fact satisfactory then it cannot surely include cables which in any way need to be replaced, and so you wouldn't have made this recommendation.

Guys, I am getting lost here. I was after some advice that is all, I have received some very good advice and thank you to those people.

It just seems now I am getting slated, like a Board of Inquiry.

You are not getting slated, but we all want to know that you are a fully qualified electrician, we cant very well go recommending that someone who hasn't served an apprenticeship or otherwise learned the trade through experience of working with skilled tradesmen go replacing consumer units etc, it would be immoral.

Fair point. I will change words on form to reflect this. It was just an observation, nothing dangerous C1,C2 or C3, just a note I put as a recommendation for the near future. Thank you for pointing this out Davesparks

I've looked through the list of qualifications available from NAPIT and cannot see any which would qualify anyone as an electrician. They all appear to be either the additional qualifications you do after completeing your apprenticeship or else they are nonsense made up by NAPIT to con the foolish into parting with their money

I am qualified Napit Level 3 City and Guilds, Blue Flame FS1.

I did electric work when left school, later got married and rewired my house 10 year ago with a qualified sparky, went self employed builder 10 years ago, sparky helped me with electrical till 2 year ago he retired, I then went to Napit to get qualified

I thought you had to be qualified to use this forum?

Reply to Cooker problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net