Discuss Cooling fan connector in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Modee

Hello. I have Panasonic SA - HE75 receiver and my cooling fan got broken, and I want to replace it now. I found same size cooling fan in online store, but there's one problem, it has 3 pin connector, and my receiver needs 2 pin. As far as I know 3rd wire is for reading rpm, so I guess it's not so important. So can I just cut off 3 pin connector from new fan and add 2 pin connector from old cooling fan? Would it work?

And another short question. Old fan is 12 V and 0.09 Amp, and the one I'm thinking to buy is 12 V, but 0.16 Amp, is that okay? Or I should look for another one which has almost same number of amperes?

Last edited by a moderator:
So long as the receiver does not need to speed control the fan (as it only has two at the moment I assume not) then you should be OK.
It is unlikely the supply is current limited to a very precise level so the change in current should be OK, but difficult if it not as it may burn out a component.
However 90 to 160 mA does not seem too bad.
It may be worth connecting the fan to a 12V supply on two pins and ensuring that it runs sensibly before you fit it.
This is not authoritative advice, just my opinion.

Reply to Cooling fan connector in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
Electrical2Go - Choosing the Right Cooling Fans - All You Need to Know We understand that choosing the right cooling fan can be overwhelming...
Replies
Views
Has anyone taken apart their & self repaired it? 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT - Mileage: 112223 - DTCs - P0480 cooling fan. Also codes in TIPM...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to install a new bathroom extractor fan in my bathroom as I have a windowless bathroom and the current one I have installed in...
Replies
Views
Mileage: 112223 - DTCs - P0480 cooling fan. Also codes in TIPM P0691, P0692 for cooling fan control circuit. Tests/Procedures Performed: 1...
Replies
Views
Hello, 1st time post from an amateur. I have some old Habitat decorative lights that are powered by a transformer. There seems to be a break in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock