Discuss Costs of Notices/Certification etc. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

OtleySpark

If I were to undertake a job that involved say changing a CU what sort of costs would be entailed (other than my labour and parts) ?

There is the Local Authority Notification that seems to be fixed £58.75 < £1000, etc.
What about the Certificates?

If the distributor does not have a switch do they charge todisconnect and reconnect - I assume they'd send someone out to do this?

Just trying to get a handle on the overheads.
Thanks.

If I were to undertake a job that involved say changing a CU what sort of costs would be entailed (other than my labour and parts) ?

There is the Local Authority Notification that seems to be fixed £58.75 < £1000, etc.
What about the Certificates?

If the distributor does not have a switch do they charge todisconnect and reconnect - I assume they'd send someone out to do this?

Just trying to get a handle on the overheads.
Thanks.

I would recommend you Join a scheme, around 200-400 a year and each job is about £1.50

the £1.50 is the cost you will encur for sending a certificate number of the works carried out to building control via the scheme, the actual notification bit.

the £1.50 is the cost you will encur for sending a certificate number of the works carried out to building control via the scheme, the actual notification bit.

Thanks for that. It's been surprisingly hard to get hold of that information.

If you think it is £300 in some councils to get a Job certified and through it is cheaper to join a scheme, 10 jobs a year could be £3k , through a scheme £200 plus 10 jobs at £1.50 so theres why were forced to Join one.

Sorry about, but how can I join that?

There're a number of schems run by these:

• BRE Certification Ltd.
  • BSI - British Standards Institution
  • ELECSA Ltd.
  • NAPIT Certification Ltd.
  • NICEIC Certification Services Ltd.

There's more about it here: Building Regulations - Part P certification schemes - IET Electrical

Reply to Costs of Notices/Certification etc. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net