Discuss Current install cost in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Hundleton1

Hi guys my perants had a 4kw system installed last October on the good rate and are very happy with the results , unfortunately I was unable to do it as well as I was cash strapped at the time, iv been looking and just had notification of my electricity payment going up again so I have to do something, we only have a small house a would not get 16 pannels on the roof, would get 8 to 10 though.

What sort of money would a 2 to 2.5kw system cost now ? I been looking at e current FIT rate and I believe it's 16p ? but I also noticed there is a higher and lower rate depending on the home eficency, is this currently inforce ?

Thanks in advance.

Difficult to say without knowing a bit more about your roof. A 2kWp system should cost around £4,500-£5,000 all in.

You will need to get an EPC rating of at least 'D' to qualify for the highest tariff rate.

- - - Updated - - -

Difficult to say without knowing a bit more about your roof. A 2kWp system should cost around £4,500-£5,000 all in.

You will need to get an EPC rating of at least 'D' to qualify for the highest tariff rate.

Hi guys my perants had a 4kw system installed last October on the good rate and are very happy with the results , unfortunately I was unable to do it as well as I was cash strapped at the time, iv been looking and just had notification of my electricity payment going up again so I have to do something, we only have a small house a would not get 16 pannels on the roof, would get 8 to 10 though.

What sort of money would a 2 to 2.5kw system cost now ? I been looking at e current FIT rate and I believe it's 16p ? but I also noticed there is a higher and lower rate depending on the home eficency, is this currently inforce ?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE

Where are you in the uk maybe someone on here can advise you

thanks for the advise, im in Pembrokeshire south west wales, iv been looknig into the EPC rating and we are an end terrace stone build 2 bed house, we do have a condensing boiler and double glazing and loft insulation so we should meet those requirements, we have quite a small roof so am not sure how many panels we could get on it.

£3,500? He is making a loss on materials before he even things about anything else. The bloke must be having you on.

- - - Updated - - -

£3,500? He is making a loss on materials before he even things about anything else. The bloke must be having you on.

Just as a rough idea what would you expect a 2-2.5kwp system to produce a year, we are in the worst part of wales for weather but a rough idea will help me

Just as a rough idea what would you expect a 2-2.5kwp system to produce a year, we are in the worst part of wales for weather but a rough idea will help me

Look it up here, and once you've put a marker on your location, select the Climate-SAF PVGIS dataset rather than the Classic PVGIS from the upper right drop-down tab:
PV potential estimation utility

Probably about 2500kWh per year for an ideal roof, and less if the roof is not South, or has some shading, or has a strange angle.

You'll get, in total, 18.25p (16p FiT and half of 4.5p export tariff) for each kWh generated.
You'll save about 13p per kWh for each unit of electricity used in your house. The exact usage varies from about a quarter to half, depending on the way you run your appliances during the day.

So "best case" gains in year one would be about £450 in FiT payments and £160 in bill savings.

Alternatively, borrow Gavin's link in his signature and find your way to the price/payback calculator for value/high-spec/ultra solar arrays.
The outputs will be in accordance with SAP-2009, so should be more like the minimum to expect from a well-installed system - assuming no major shading issues.

Reply to Current install cost in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net