Discuss Customer demanding a refund in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spazz

Hi all
I have a very abusive customer demanding a refund (because they claim they paid me twice) but not willing to provide any everdance.

I am getting several texts, emails, calls and letters daily.

I have passed it onto my bank and they cant find any duplicated payments from her either.

Any ideas what can be done? I am that close to telling her to **** ***! and getting the police to issue her with a warning.

Any ideas what I can do which has a good effect.

The amount is just over £100 full fee of PAT Testing 30 items & Fuel.

Hi all
I have a very abusive customer demanding a refund (because they claim they paid me twice) but not willing to provide any everdance.

I am getting several texts, emails, calls and letters daily.

I have passed it onto my bank and they cant find any duplicated payments from her either.

Any ideas what can be done? I am that close to telling her to **** ***! and getting the police to issue her with a warning.

Any ideas what I can do which has a good effect.

The amount is just over £100 full fee of PAT Testing 30 items & Fuel.

She has probably seen an advert for PAT testing from someone doing it for 50P per item so she thinks you over charged her! God help us!

Tell her she has to provide proof from her end, a copy of the original bank staement showing the duplicate payments.

Be civil about it, tell her as soon as she sends you the proof and you double check your end, you will be happy to refund any payments made in error.

Also mention, if she wishes to go legal she will have to produce the original (not copies) bank statement showing the payments or she wont have a leg to stand on.

exactly as lenny^^^^ . if she thinks she has paid twice, ask her ( nicely) to provide evidence, and you will refund any monies paid in error. however, make her aware that if she is wrong, you will be charging for your time and expenses incurred.

You could politely suggest it sounds more like a banking error and to claim indemnity from her bank, then that puts the onus on them to sort it out and absolves you of any malpractice.
This is assuming she paid electronically and she didn't pay you twice with cash - that would be stupid.

She paid once by cheque, which I had.
Then shes claiming she paid 2 weeks (or so later) by BACs - can't find!

She is refusing to provide bank statements - claiming they none of my business
I told her to go to the bank but shes refusing!

Shes getting very aggressive with it now. I am just going to let it hang for a bit. I even told her that as a good will gesture I will give her that value of work (off a higher amount of course) but she said no.

Im stuck - bank said that she has to proof it but they not willing to help otherwise.

I should of said this invoice was issued over 2 months ago and 1st payment was sent to me in March. Claims 2nd Payment was in April about 2 weeks later - no exact date.

I think that SHE has to prove to you that 2 payments were made, etc, etc.

I wouldn't be rushing to repay her if you haven't got the 2nd payment,

I think a trip to the CAB will probably confirm this.

Send her a letter politely explaining that according to your records only one payment has been made and that if she can't provide any evidence to suggest otherwise you consider the matter of payment to have been finalised.

I have sent 2 letters already but she keeps demanding her money back. The bank said they cant advise - taking a back seat!

I have 1hour free appointment with a solicitor so I might use that if this goes on much longer

At the end of the day, if you are sure you only received it once, and can prove as such, then you have nothing to worry about. It is down to her to prove her case, something which if she could I think she would have done by now. I would send one letter as above by registered post and then ignore her.

If she's being abusive and on a daily basis, then report her to the Police for harassment. It is a criminal offence - don't let the Police fob you off that it isn't (they will try).

Let her crack on mate, like Lenny said even if she heads down the county court route they're not going to give her a judgement against you just because she says that's the way it is.
Put it all in a nicely worded letter then the ball is in her court to provide proof.

Ask her to confirm the account number she sent the BACS payment to?

She sounds like a complete nutter.

as the others have said,go to the polis,and report a demand for money by menace,its a criminal offence as is fraud,polis will be round pretty quick,you might get a few nasty texts of the **** but she will be on her way soon...stand up to the chancers..

Reply to Customer demanding a refund in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net