Discuss Dangerous connections in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

As said fella, replaced all faceplates but reduced two ceiling lights to one centre in a bedroom. He tapped existing circuit, added new cable and chocs etc.

ok, i'm sorry if i caused any offence. I just find your story....sorry, not story, explanation slightly netted (its got holes in it)

Fair enough chap. I'll provide any explanation if asked. I know the insurance just covers like for like but the site manager said it wouldn't be a problem for the sparky to do this as a quick favour, despite me offering to pay. The insurance company are going to pay the full 100% of our claim so why scam them? Wouldn't anyway!

So why are you asking us if you have your own spark?
And how is your broadband router working if you have turned all the power off? oh... i suppose you could be at a family/friends house until the jobs done proper

Ha! When I say 'competent' I mean I can tackle most stuff but always seek advice beforehand if unsure, particularly electrics outside of part P control. We all know that there are many people out there trying to squeeze extras from their insurers but I really cant see anything about my post that suggests this. Quite frankly, I don't give a monkeys about the money, I just want my family to stay alive.

What do you think may have happened had I not been able to do diy, not spotted this and fully trusted the insurers contractors that all was well?

If you want your family to stay alive, you shouldn't be doing anything without out the sufficient knowledge and test equipment to check your work, plenty of DIYERs
Leave CPC's of metal fittings

My house burnt out. I am in rented quarter mile away. The builders appointed their own electrician. 'My' electrician is a guy that does work for us (my employer) and have known him for years. Old school, time served spark. I handmake kitchens for a living and have been renovating houses since 1986. I am multi skilled but defer to competent tradesmen where necessary for the sake of safety and legal compliance. I am not a qualified spark. I do not take chances with electrics.

I am nobodies fool my friend and do not appreciate being taken as one. I came on here seeking someone who could quote the relevant sections of the latest IEE regs so I am fully prepped when I tackle the insurers/builders if I need to be.

What I have got is a pocket full of suspicion, derision because I can do work on my own house, allusions to insurance fraud and suggestions that I am a liar.

I think I won't bother anymore, just buy a a copy of the latest regs. Quicker and easier.

Again, I am sorry if I have caused offence. I did not intend to aggravate you in any way but you have to understand that there are a lot of post's on this forum which are insincere. With regards to purchasing a copy of the IET 17th Edition regs....I doubt you would understand what you are reading

Again, I am sorry if I have caused offence. I did not intend to aggravate you in any way but you have to understand that there are a lot of post's on this forum which are insincere. With regards to purchasing a copy of the IET 17th Edition regs....I doubt you would understand what you are reading

As an Ex RN aircraft engineer I could probably figure it out but thanks for the pat on the head.

I think I'll leave this forum and you ladies to handbag each other. :)

Night.

Reply to Dangerous connections in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net