Discuss DeWalt Combi on offer at Screwfix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DNS1

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi chaps, it's been far too long!

Had an email offer from Screwfix earlier advertising this DeWalt combi with 3 x 1.3Ah li-on batts.

DeWalt DCD776C3 18V 1.3Ah Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill XR | 18V Cordless Combi Drills | NoLinkingToThis

I know 1.3Ah batts aren't ideal and won't last all day, but tempted by the option of having one in the drill, one in the case and one on charge at all times.

What does everyone else think?

Hi chaps, it's been far too long!

Had an email offer from Screwfix earlier advertising this DeWalt combi with 3 x 1.3Ah li-on batts.

DeWalt DCD776C3 18V 1.3Ah Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill XR | 18V Cordless Combi Drills | NoLinkingToThis

I know 1.3Ah batts aren't ideal and won't last all day, but tempted by the option of having one in the drill, one in the case and one on charge at all times.

What does everyone else think?

Only niggle with that drill is the torque is a little low so will struggle with large holes.

I have that drill , not as powerful as the old dc988 but I don't think any battery combi is, I thinks its fantastic light good features even used the hammer on it and it was ok, batteries last quite a while aswel, very compact. I would definatley buy another if I happened to destroy the current one but it seems to take punishment well.

DeWalt = 1 year warranty, all other "professional" makes = 3 years. Still don't understand why people buy DeWalt...

From my personal experience have owned dewalt tools for more than 10 years and never needed the warranty so I couldn't care if there was no warranty , three years is nice but if you are having to use it the tool is not all that, how good is a drill when it's in the post or being repaired?

I dont one dislike other brands and have something from nearly all of them but for battery drills Delwalt seem to go on forever and are nice to use.

Apparently the warranty gets extended to 3 years when you register online.

Personally, I've never had trouble getting a repair within a few years of the warranty expiring anyway when I've bought from a trade brand. Normally a quick email saying how disappointed I am and that I might have to switch to using Makita/Bosch/etc and they'll be getting it sorted.

Cheers for the advice chaps, will be picking one up later. I always carry a mains SDS with me anyway which I can dig out if the torque on the combi isn't enough at times.

I just posted this Makita drill in another thread which I picked up recently & for only a extra 15 quid it has a far better spec than that DeWalt.

MAKITA BHP458 RFE 18V COMBI DRILL 1 X BL1830 BATTERY, CHARGER + CASE BRAND NEW | eBay

Thats a very good buy

Case costs £20
Battery £50-70
Drill £80

thats makita's top of the range combi as well and shorter than most combi's on the market to boot.

If I wouldn't get told off for spending anymore money I would get one.

my 451 is too big sometimes for what I use it for

Surely a 1.3ah batt on a 18V won't have much chunt. The 1.3's on my 10.8v are not the longest lasting..... Maybe you could upgrade batts to some with a bit more chew.. But I suppose it depends on what your usage is like.

I'm not a fan of DeWalt. I certainly wouldn't buy this one at the original price - I got a Bosch 18v combi with 2x 4ah batteries in an L-Boxx for that; IMO Bosch are far superior to DeWalt. Bosch or Milwaukee.
Have a shop around - Toolstop can be OK (although I've had issues with them) and sometimes wholesalers do good offers. I'm told Rexell Senate do Bosch products for some really competitive prices.

I'm not a fan of DeWalt. I certainly wouldn't buy this one at the original price - I got a Bosch 18v combi with 2x 4ah batteries in an L-Boxx for that; IMO Bosch are far superior to DeWalt. Bosch or Milwaukee.
Have a shop around - Toolstop can be OK (although I've had issues with them) and sometimes wholesalers do good offers. I'm told Rexell Senate do Bosch products for some really competitive prices.

Im curious what kind of issues with toolstop? Ive bought a couple things off them through amazon.

I dont like dewalt personally, milwauke are really good drills but im disapointed with what you get from bosch with there combi drills

Thats a very good buy

Case costs £20
Battery £50-70
Drill £80

thats makita's top of the range combi as well and shorter than most combi's on the market to boot.

If I wouldn't get told off for spending anymore money I would get one.

my 451 is too big sometimes for what I use it for

yep been well impressed with it so far was using it to cut 67mm holes through 45-55mm plaster the other which it had no problem with but you don't get to cut that many from the 3ah Batt (think I cut like 12 before I had to recharge) but yea they actually sent me the DHP version which is designed for the 4ah Batts & the case I got is the one with the Drill bits & fixings holder panel on the side.

yep been well impressed with it so far was using it to cut 67mm holes through 45-55mm plaster the other which it had no problem with but you don't get to cut that many from the 3ah Batt (think I cut like 12 before I had to recharge) but yea they actually sent me the DHP version which is designed for the 4ah Batts & the case I got is the one with the Drill bits & fixings holder panel on the side.

old holesaw? That seems a little low? Tbf double boarded by the sound of it.

I like the batteries as they charge in 20mins.

old holesaw? That seems a little low? Tbf double boarded by the sound of it.

I like the batteries as they charge in 20mins.

no mate was using new Dart branded Holesaws & yes the Ceilings are Double boarded & have a fire seal on top too so they don't cut quick lol I have spent the last 4 weeks caked in plaster so my arms /neck & hands have been covered in burns from it :p

I received this set yesterday Bosch 18 V-LI Dynamicseries Twinpack GSB + GDR (2 x 4.0 Ah, L-Boxx) Twinpack GSB 18 V-LI + GDR 18 V-LI in one L-Boxx (2 x 4 Ah) and well pleased as I like bosch and have the 36v beast aswell.Gone all these years without an impact drill,fixing boxes zip zip done.I was looking for something and had the same thing emailed from screwfix but i thought why would i bother the 1.3/1.5ah batteries,just didnt click for me so went for the 4ah coolpacks,if my 36v is anything to go by then these will serve me well.

no mate was using new Dart branded Holesaws & yes the Ceilings are Double boarded & have a fire seal on top too so they don't cut quick lol I have spent the last 4 weeks caked in plaster so my arms /neck & hands have been covered in burns from it :p

I can understand why you were only getting 12 now.

neve heard of dart holesaws before, we always use ck or irwin holesaws.

Or very rarely stainless holesaws (they cut through trunking etc quick)

Yea the dart saws look like they will cut well but the teeth wear down pretty quick.

never seen the CK holesaws before I have 2 Makita sets but the biggest I got is only 51mm & I try not to use my own Materials unless there is non on the Job to use at the time.

Reply to DeWalt Combi on offer at Screwfix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net