Search the forum,

Discuss Din rail connectors linked? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jesus Christ! You can't have the permanent live from one OCPD and the switched live from another OCPD, this is the bare basics of electrical installation!

And you've got a 2 pole relay already so why use 2 seperate relays?

Draw it properly as a circuit diagram and it will make a lot more sense to you than drawings where everything is just rectangles with wiggly lines joining them together.

And it might save you from digging yourself into a hole on here!

Try this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 40
That drawing is far more confusing than a half sensible circuit diagram. You've still just got a bunch of rectangles with a load of lines joining them together. There's no way you can actually wire anything from that, it gives no clue as to what is connected to what!

Tom how the hell is that supposed to work when you have a live bypassing your contactors?
You need to draw it out as a schematic mate, it'll make a lot more sense

That drawing is far more confusing than a half sensible circuit diagram. You've still just got a bunch of rectangles with a load of lines joining them together. There's no way you can actually wire anything from that, it gives no clue as to what is connected to what!

I agree and it's taken on board, but as a rough idea for how I want it to work I now have a shopping list and can visualise it in my head!

dont get me wrong though, a nice diagram would be good, but this will suffice, it's resolved my problem and now know what to get .

This is my very quick sketch of what I think you are trying to achieve,

Now which one do you think another electrician would be able to pick up and understand what the circuit should do?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414186354.714171.jpg

I'll explain...

1. 230v supply to main switch
2. Live from main switch goes to 6A MCB
3. The MCB feeds the permanent live connectors / common rail / permanent love to PIR's
4. The neutral from the main switch feeds the neutral bar that feeds the PIR's
5. The neutral from the main switch also feeds both contactors, so is connected to them for pulling them on purposes only
6. Take another live from the MCB and put it on to the relay, and from the relay take it to both the contactors so have a line and neutral to pull it on.
7. The live the feeds the contactors is only live when the alarm goes off and the 12v feed closes the relay.

It'll work fine, I've done it before a few times to override multiple PIR zones with timers and switches etc.
But I would usually tend to put a 0.5A mcb or similar in to fuse the coil circuit seperately, it's not strictly necessary though.

Reply to Din rail connectors linked? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock