Discuss distance learning course multidiscipline in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

I dont know of any specific HNCs that are combined elctrical and mechanical although I know that COLU offer mechanical engineering distance learning

i have been looking for a long time for a multi discipline hnc (mechtronics)distance learning but cant find any, I have given up now.
I suppose due to the fact it is electrical,mechanical and software all rolled into one its fairly complex.
Colu does have a mechanical hnc and 1 of the optional units is mechatronic principles maybe this will be what you want.

Having completed the Mechatronics at college I can see why it isnt avaliable via distance learning

The PLC unit involved basically a year of pogramming on siemens S7 with a final programme that you are assessed on, the same with robotics we used Robocell to write a number of programs with a final robot program for the final assessment (we also had a small robot in the classroom).

The engineering design unit was learning how to use solidworks (3d modelling software) and eventually using it to design components and assemblies for your final project

Even if you could use the software at home I doubt you could learn to use it all with no one to one tuition (bearing in mind the programming side is only part of the unit, you still have to complete huge assignments on all aspects of systems etc.

In electronics we were given practical assignments in the lab under time constraints using all the electronics equipment at college (i doubt many of us have an oscilloscope at home) :)

Finally if you could get over all that the maths would be ball-achingly hard with no proper tuition, many find it impossible with one to one lecturing

I hope you can find an employer that will allow you to do the course, I did enjoy it although like i said before to get the most from it expect to make it your life for 2 years

Reply to distance learning course multidiscipline in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net