Discuss DIY van racking and shelving ideas/pics in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

robsparx

Getting my first van on saturday, a vauxhall vivaro. I want to put some racking/shelving in the back to keep me well organised and would be interested to know what kind of stuff other people had in their vans.

I'm thinking a big shelving unit the whole way along the solid side of the van, bins at the bottom to chuck cable drums in, small compartments above for sockets, switches, fixings etc. And some kind of fixed cable reel thing that i could fit about 4 drums onto would be nice.

Anyone got any other ideas, or pics of what they have in their vans?

(and please lets not start a vivaro's are **** you should have got a transporter etc thread :rolleyes:)

ha ha. well when i first started up, i was using my mk2 golf gti:eek:. then moved onto a mazda estate, and now finally a van. its the lwb though, and as yet i'm not too sure where i'm going to park it :eek:

Got vavaro's unistrut down the long side for ladders & 3 pairs of steps , storage boxes under that ,power tools and toolboxes in front of that and storage boxes down the back

Got a renault traffic sport!! Had it racked out by a company. All done in ply with two sections down one side with 3 shelves and one section the other because of side door. Cost me about ÂŁ250. Best money ive spent. Had a connect b4 and used to get well wound up trying to find everything.

All well organised now

Hi,
I bought a 56 plate Renault Trafic sport recently.
I also bought 4 plastic drawers from B&Q. They are the deep 4 drawer type and what I did was screw 2 on one side of the van onto the ply (just above the rear wheel arch) and the same on the opposite side.

They are strong and I keep things like transformers, sleeving, lamps, holders etc in them.

Not Sortimo or Bott, but a ÂŁ14.99 a piece, they are neat and do the job for now !!
Sav

no my focus is a standard one in red with 5 doors for access to stuff i drop down seat and side!!

i was going to buy a 206 van but opted for the forcus!! plus i use it for normal work as well..!

This old thread needs pepping up with some modern tips...

There are not many vehicle storage dilemas,which cannot be solved,by lining the entire interior with adhesive backed felt,and placing a small square of Velcro on each and every tool...

Reply to DIY van racking and shelving ideas/pics in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net