Discuss DIYER HERE. SWITCHED FUSED SPUR UK in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I have a switched fuse spur where the cooker hood should plug in to… above the actual cooker. I was wondering if I could swap this out for a 13amp single socket to plug the cooker hood in to. All help appreciated

Attachments

• 7701C888-4C80-4029-99DC-522E6DD5FA5A.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 8
Shouldn't be a problem as its already designated for cooker hood and make sure its rcd protected

You can do that, or you can save yourself a heap of expense and time, not worry about RCD's, and just chop the plug off and fit it into the fused spur - the working result is exactly the same.

Have a look at consumer unit to see if all circuits have an RCD protecting them.....or take a pic and post it here
IMG_6584.jpeg
This is what I’m contending with, if I was to chop the plug off and fit it directly into the spur where would I plug the wire cables in to please?

View attachment 113451
This is what I’m contending with, if I was to chop the plug off and fit it directly into the spur where would I plug the wire cables in to please?
OK. Asking such a basic questions as this (and the answer is simple and I'll provide it in a second), my question to you is do you feel capable of doing this work and doing it safely?

The answer is that had you have pulled the plate a little further away from the wall you would have seen two more (currently empty) terminals marked L-load and N-load and also another earthing lug - it is to those that your appliance cable goes. AFTER YOU HAVE GUARANTEEABLY ISOLATED THE MAINS SUPPLY that feeds it.

Reply to DIYER HERE. SWITCHED FUSED SPUR UK in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net