Discuss Dodgy EICR clampdown? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

..there must be tens of thousands for dodgy rentals out there maybe even hundreds of thousands of rentals property without the proper gas and electrical safety paperwork.
and even if you fine a landlord for not having any paperwork they will just carry on and pass that fine onto his tentants

going way back now my first flat i rented i met up with the landlord for a pint once a month and paid him my rent in cash , always cash. it was a tidy arrangment i got 100 quid off the market rent and he seemed happy enough with a brown envelope being passed acorss the bar once a month. i don't think i ever saw any paperwork , the fuse box and wiring was so old it certainly would never have passed a EICR ( Pir )

its always the same with who's in charge major changes in the electrical sector renting or part p ,never put in the papers what the legal requirements are .its all Chinese whispers .

its always the same with who's in charge major changes in the electrical sector renting or part p ,never put in the papers what the legal requirements are .its all Chinese whispers .
exactly this

and this is why nobody takes any notice they simply carry on regardless

not provided a valid test certs .
A bit of exaggeration by efixx I would say.

The vast majority of the fine was for not licensing 8 properties.
This would have been after giving the landlord many warnings over a long period of time before taking them to court.
The electrical inspection certificate part of it was that they didn’t believe the report to have been done by someone who was competent to do such a report.
They obviously had access to a property and found the electrics to not comply.
If the landlord had not ignored the warnings and bothered to turn up to the court I’m pretty sure he would have faired a lot better.

Reply to Dodgy EICR clampdown? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net