Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Domestic electrician & data network engineer. in the Looking for Domestic Electricians? area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Ginner

Ginner EF Member

Business Name:
    Electrician and More....
    Currently I'm a qualified City & Guilds domestic electrician registered with Stroma CPS and hold a current CSCS card.
    I also offer the following services:
    • Data network design & installation.
    • IP CCTV.
    • SoHo design & installation.
    • Multi-room audio systems.
    • Wired & wireless security systems.
    • Retro cable fit installation service.
    • Home Automation.
    • Custom design & install service.

2. Oliver Townsend

Oliver Townsend Active EF Member

stroma not worth paper its written on im afraid

3. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

What absolute rubbish. Stroma is equally as valid as any of the other government approved CPS. In my experience though they have higher standards of required qualification and of assessment than that of the NICEIC domestic installer scheme.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oliver Townsend

i think we all no that the main bodies are a higher standard although yes they are supposed to be on a level playing field , in my experience with the previous mentioned your in if you can pick out a test kit in a line up !

5. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

No absolutely not. I have no reason the believe that the longer established bodies are any more thorough or maintain a higher standard. I do however have lots of reasons to believe that the NICEIC DI and ELECSA brands now have the lowest standards of member quality of any schemes.
    The days of a name meaning everything are well and truly passed with the schemes.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Why?

I'm with Stroma, it gives me the cheapest way to comply with Part P. What else matters?

As for standards - Stroma was far more detailed than Elecsa to join............

• Like Like x 2
  7. Oliver Townsend

most schools hospitals insurance companies request niceic approved contractors , they are the renowned brand with ECA all other newer bodies have come in tried to get numbers by offering cheaper options (i have no problem with that ) but making themselves easier to get in , i am only talking from my experience where i have been trading for 12 years , but in the southern area maybe not elsewhere that if you have limited knowledge or experience nappit and stroma will tick you boxes , please dont think this is every contractor under these schemes.

8. Oliver Townsend

i will not post any more on this as this is my personal experience and i dont want to get into a whos better than who , feel free to reply to my last post anyway ..

9. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Not sure under EU laws any tender can stipulate a single company such as the NICEIC........

Just saying

10. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

Approved contractor schemes are completely different to part P competence schemes and should not be compared.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ginner

Ginner EF Member

Business Name:
    Electrician and More....
    Hi Oliver just out of curiosity which CPS are you attached too?

12. Oliver Townsend

NICEIC A/C

13. Ginner

Ginner EF Member

Business Name:
    Electrician and More....
    It's now been over 3 weeks since you made your unfounded comment on Stroma CPS! I'm still trying to work out what extra you get; for the additional hundreds of £££££££s you spend on annual membership of your chosen CPS? Please enlighten me/the forum.

Kind regards.

14. Rpa07

Rpa07 1000 posts only 44653 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    Just an idiotic statement that doesn't equal out over a vast industry. As Andy78 said above in post 10, Approved contractor and Part P are completely different and what is required FROM them is individual.
    Good Original Post by the way and nice avatar if that's your logo.
    All the best, Rob

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ginner

Ginner EF Member

Business Name:
    Electrician and More....
    Hi Rob thanks for your comments.

• Like Like x 1