Discuss ECS Card in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DuaneMHunt1976

Right forever getting lost and then forgetting where i got lost

ECS card you need the NVQ 3 to get the Full GOLD CARD
<Myself i have>
<C&G 2330 Level 2 and 3> (Electrical Instal Level 2&3)
<LCL 2394 and EAL 2395> (using C&G Numbers to make it easier)
<C&G 2377-22 and 2382-12> (Basic Pat & 17th AMD2)

I dont have the means at the moment to convert my 2330 to the 2357
(also some say i have to be working in a non Domestic <that was a ex college tutor, also said its not ment for the likes of me>)

So, i figured that i could go for "ECS Trainee Electrician " Stage 2
A copy of your City & Guilds 2360 Part one - or - City & Guilds 2330 Level 2 - or - 2351 Units 1, 2 , 3 & 4 - or -EAL Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Level 2 - or -Units ELTK 01 to 05 of the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical systems and equipment (buildings, structures and the environment)
- plus - Employer’s sponsorship (See Section 9 of the application form)
As i do have the 2330 Level 2, NB the Stage 3 asks for 2330 level 3 and Working towards the FULL NVQ!
but then there is this Section 9,
Section 9 Employer or sponsor endorsement and recommendationWhen applying for an initial grade or a re-grade card, this section must be completed by the applicant’semployer or sponsor.

someone i think onces said you could get any one to sign this as its more a recomendation <how ever that is spelt, but i think i read it in this forum>

so dose this seem right, that i could go for the Stage 2 and there for, i do have a ECS card!

One of the categories for eligibility to the trainee electrician card is being able to provide evidence that they are on a formal industry training programme leading to an ECS Gold Card.
Without this they may not be keen to issue the card.
However you could provide evidence that you are progressing toward this and are just on a temporary interval occasioned by finances.

If you are self employed I would be tempted to sign the employers section yourself and see if it goes through; possibly if you have a current training provider they could sign this.

The 2357 NVQ will require evidence of different types of installation some of which are not commonly encountered in domestic installation, this is probably why you were told you need to be working in non domestic.

Reply to ECS Card in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net