Discuss Eicr/pir in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

craig1000

Hi All

I would love some guidance as to how long you all take i should take on a average house/property say 8-10 circuits!

I am newer to doing these reports since setting up business, had plenty of testing experience in large commercial sites but his is diffeerent
Always on installs we have doen know what is fed from where, how many points etc, klik roses are unplugged!

I am finding to do a proper job of a EICR/PIR including identifying all points supplied, checking out a decent % of the items, removing/disconnecting all lamps sensitive equipment for IR tests that I am struggling in most cases to get it done, is it my ability, the fact I am being to investigatitive or what, your thought would be great!
For example a cafe i am doing prior to reopen is full of low voltage spots, transformer above ceiling, over 30 in total ;-(

10 circuit domestic installation should take no more than 6-7 hours on site plus an hour or 2 for the paperwork at home.
maybe less if the installation is in good order.

That's about where I am at as I do it all properly! just keep seeing some saying how they'll do two, maybe 3 a day etc & I just cant see it possible if done properly, even if 3 house next door too each other, for me 1 a day incl paperwork is a s gos as I can see it for a properly inspected job!
If its one you have tested previous & know the install & no one else been there since its feasible to do quicker as you have an understanding of what does what so will more a case of testing only & dropping a few skts/switches!

I would say about 40 - 45 minutes per circuit would be a good average plus paperwork although i never remove all lamps etc. on an eicr.

Sintra, so you then would never test L/L or L/N whichever way you want to put it lol?
I ask as this week this a has been a huge drain on time in a testing job I am doing not as a criticism & i was wondering if everyone removed lamps to do IR test?
If you don't do test what do you record?

I always have it as an agreed limitation that IR is carried out using method 2. In the IR column L-N i fill in LIM.

Cheers Sintra,
Being new to doing EICR/PIR's I have been wary of doing such things, LIM's etc as when doing new commerical installs I have just done everything!

Cheers Sintra,
Being new to doing EICR/PIR's I have been wary of doing such things, LIM's etc as when doing new commerical installs I have just done everything!

Fine to do on an EICR so long as you inform the client / duty holder of what you propose and they agree to it and note it. As for an EIC we always test these in stages ie IR lights etc before lamps are fitted.

Yeah exactly as I have done on a commerical job previos & will on our own new installs, its just on EICR's i have found it an issue to do, soooo time consuming to remove 30 odd lamps/lv trnasformers ;-( lol
You learn summat new each day 7 i know what I shall have the customer agree to from now on ;-)

Reply to Eicr/pir in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net