Discuss EICR question, OLD AC RCD- code 3 or no code? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

BS7671 is not retrospective (from memory page 4 states that) , however we do code the the current edition of the regs as stated in GN3.
to answer the question you have to assess the risk ,if only pure resistive loads are on an AC rcd no code or maybe fyi only, i would code C3 if other loads are present that don’t affect the testing of the (RCD) Residual Current Device at time of test,C2 if it causes rcd blinding and it does not function correctly.

I hate the description of the Regulations "not being retrospective". No such comment is made within the Note from the HSE. What it actually states is that compliance with previous iterations of the Regulations may not necessarily imply that the installation is now unsafe or that it requires upgrading. As such, it also doesn't rule out that aspects of it might actually be unsafe or require upgrading.

Looking at a MEM A100HE RCD earlier today (of which I've fitted many dozens over the years), and was surprised to see it caries the type A (sine wave over half sine wave) markings.
How long have type A RCDs been around? I assumed it was a relatively new thing.
This was a newer grey one, but I've looked at an older yellow one, and still the same markings.

Reply to EICR question, OLD AC RCD- code 3 or no code? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. What are your thoughts on coding type AC RCDs when doing EICR's? I understand the issue on DC currents preventing RCd's from functioning...
Replies
Views
My builder has sprung a job on me. New circuit required for a hob. The CU has a single 30mA RCD, type AC. I am still unsure exactly when I should...
Replies
Views
Hello sparkly people Im a total beginner around how electricity really works. Ive recently been made redundant from ground works in construction...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
I've started to move over to AMD 2 forms for my CU installs, if only because the schedule is so much easier to tick and I can stop sticking labels...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock