Discuss Electrician Career info - Australia in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

layzieboney

Hi I'm looking for some information on some of these different careers you can get into as an electrician. I'm from Australia so if theres any advice from any Aussie electricians on here I'd appreciate it. I am starting a electrotechnology cert II (electrician pre apprenticeship) in may, at the moment I'm reasearching as much as I can calling around places like Energy Skills QLD to get information about the different careers.

Electrician
Electrical Fitter
Electrical Mechanic
Instrumentation Technician (dual apprenticeship, 5 years)
Data and Voice Technician
Cable Jointer
Linesman

I've made a bit of a short list of the ones that sound interesting, I'm just after a bit of insight as to what the jobs are actually like as some of these places are just reading straight from government sites and really its not that helpful.

In Australia all of these trades would take four years so I'm trying to make it worthwhile by getting into something that pays well.

Hi Everyone,
I studied electricity back in Ghana, and i hold city and guilds technician certificate in an electrical and electronic application. I currently wants to enroll into a part time electrical training school to get more knowledge and experience for my future. the truth is that i dont know which training and qualifications that would be best for me and the job market.. please i need your advice ..
Thank you very much.

Reply to Electrician Career info - Australia in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, I am looking for advice on electrical careers, i currently work in the access control industry of which i have a deep level of...
Replies
Views
My name is Emmanuel Katto and I hail from Uganda. I am a curious individual seeking to leverage my passion for innovation and learning in the...
Replies
Views
If one of your coworkers suffers a severe electric shock, your first instinct will most likely be to rush to their rescue. But first, pause and...
Replies
Views
At 69 thought I would call it a day (did the same at 65 but spicing cables was preferable to cutting grass, hedges etc.) Now another year on I...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock