Search the forum,

Discuss Emergency lighting in a block of flats in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Ive been asked to design and install emergency lighting in a block of 12 flats. It is a 60's building and currently just has lighting on a timer switch. I'm a little confused as to what regs I need to comply with as Ive read BS5266 doesn't cover domestic situations. Does anyone have experience of this. I have passed my wiring regs, part p etc but is there anything else I need to enable me to design an emergency lighting circuit?

Also the customer wants me to chase all the cables into the walls. Once plastered will t&e be considered fire resistant or will I still need fp200 run in conduit and plastered.

Thanks for any help

Reply to Emergency lighting in a block of flats in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views
Hi guys We have being asked to install some emergency lighting at a 3 storey HMO, the lighting has being designed and it’s basically being...
Replies
Views
A slight rant. Having just finished a spate of commercial EICRs I really can't understand why we tolerate these wretched things: 1 - I now expect...
Replies
Views
About me. Fastidious about wiring. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, extremely good spanner monkey (rebuilt engines, gear boxes). BUT I know my...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock