Discuss Enclosure for 2 Relay Switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have 2 relay switches to control switching between my Air Source Heat Pump and my Oil fired boiler. I want to mount them on rail within an enclosure similar to a Consumer unit housing. I am struggling to find a neat solution.
Any ideas?

TBH you haven't looked very hard, try ringing your wholesalers, you can get enclosures to fit modular gear with pre-fitted DIN at most of them so scratching my head as to why your struggling, also you could just buy a adaptable box and fit a din rail in it.

Hi DiggerJ. When you say that you want to install them in an 'enclosure similar to a Consumer unit housing' do you mean that you want to assess the relays by a hinged door on the enclosure? Not really a good idea unless you are going to make sure you can't get to any of the mains supplied terminals.
Have a look at CPC web site and see if they have the enclosure you want.

I want to see the led lights to confirm the relay is on (or off) so if the Heat Pump is not working I know it is not the switch that is faulty (not operating). I have looked at many catalogues and seen nothing that I made for the purpose

Attachments

• image.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 96
I want to be able to see if the switch is operating (with the light showing when on). I've had trouble thinking that the Heat Pump wasn't working and complained to the manufacturer; but then found it was actually my relay that had stopped functioning.
So one with a transparent door would be ideal, but as I said cant see anything made for this purpose

Reply to Enclosure for 2 Relay Switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I've done some work in a house, I used an existing 10mm cable on a B40 MCB to supply a 2 way consumer unit to control a heat pump and...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
1 - Major supply fault, details unknown. By time I get there DNO already put in genny and are digging up road. 2 - Reason for call, heating not...
Replies
Views
Just looking to see if anyone’s had a similar job or has any other ideas. Got a consumer unit to upgrade, the current one is fitted inside an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock