Discuss Engineer54, some hardcore smut for you here ;-) in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

D Skelton

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Working on another genny today which needs an earth reference. I was an hour out of Brighton so had some lovely clay to play with (as opposed to solid chalk), I'm back next week as the job isn't finished so no test results yet. Thought I'd take some snaps :)

100.jpg101.jpg102.jpg103.jpg104.jpg106.jpg

Feel free to chip in with your abuse everyone :D

That looks nice, looks rather tidy I must say. Presumably the generator plugs in the commando socket then?

Wheres best to get those rod boxes / enclosures from? They are not particularly cheap are they.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, where did you get your plastic / metal warning sign from that you have very nicely riveted on.

what was the Ra?

No testing done yet, back to do that next week as the job isn't finished yet.

That looks nice, looks rather tidy I must say. Presumably the generator plugs in the commando socket then?

Thanks mate, yeah, genny is in a little outhouse across the path. It's a plug on the wall and a trailing socket that fits on to it.

Wheres best to get those rod boxes / enclosures from? They are not particularly cheap are they.

£20 or something from Yesss. They're made by Niglon I think, they're not that dear.

Also, where did you get your plastic / metal warning sign from that you have very nicely riveted on.

Can't remember if I'm honest, Probably off the shelf at Citys.

I wonder why you haven't protected the cable from mechanical damage going down into the ground.

Or am I nit picking.

And it starts! lol

Nah, fair question. There was about 10mm between the end of the conduit and the wall, my thinking; if someone is daft enough to whack a spade in at that exact point, they deserve all they get! Lol

I didn't need to protect the cable in the first place, but I always feel it is good practice when running horizontally underground at a shallow depth.

You know, it's really stupid now I come to think of it - but I've never thought to rivet those plastic labels before, onto anything!

Not sure where Mr D gets the earth pits from ? But we get that type from Newys , and from memory they are around the £30 mark .
But I do not get to see the sales invoice that often now days , so I could be wrong with that price , now !?

Edit ; I am sooooo slow at typing I always end up answering questions about 8 posts to late !

Working on another genny today which needs an earth reference. I was an hour out of Brighton so had some lovely clay to play with (as opposed to solid chalk), I'm back next week as the job isn't finished so no test results yet. Thought I'd take some snaps :)

View attachment 23765View attachment 23766View attachment 23767View attachment 23768View attachment 23769View attachment 23770

Feel free to chip in with your abuse everyone :D

yep i will...

the earth pit is too near the building....

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure where Mr D gets the earth pits from ? But we get that type from Newys , and from memory they are around the £30 mark .
But I do not get to see the sales invoice that often now days , so I could be wrong with that price , now !?
screwfix do them....

20 odd quid..

You're dead in the water D on the 1st pic.
He doesn't like those plastic pit boxes!
Go back and surround it with concrete! :)

Nothing wrong with the substantial plastic earth pit used here. Looks pretty good to me..
Think you are getting confused with those silly waste of space adaptable box type things that can just about accommodate one of those thin twigs....

Pah, you're just a dirty barsteward! Nothing will ever satisfy your urges! :D

You must be thinking along the lines of your own urges, i don't have or need urges these days myself!! lol!!

BTW why did you sink the earth pit box in the ground before driving in the earth rod?? I say earth rod, because i can't see any sign of a coupler being driven into the ground...

Nothing wrong with the substantial plastic earth pit used here. Looks pretty good to me..
Think you are getting confused with those silly waste of space adaptable box type things that can just about accommodate one of those thin twigs....

You must be thinking along the lines of your own urges, i don't have or need urges these days myself!! lol!!

BTW why did you sink the earth pit box in the ground before driving in the earth rod?? I say earth rod, because i can't see any sign of a coupler being driven into the ground...
he`s just told me on the phone that he`s put 2 in....coupled together...

Very nice and neat,good pictures too....by the way,what did you ever do with that 12" off-cut of rod i posted you?........:yesnod:

Reply to Engineer54, some hardcore smut for you here ;-) in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock