Discuss expensive quote??!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bristolsparky

Hi Chaps,

Been asked to price up a 3 bed rewire with wireless alarm 3 sensors, db change etc and external w.c room and kitchen uility room all white pvc throughout been told it was expensive? I win most of my work but i dont really think it is that high? would appreciate your opinions and apologise in advance for any spelling mistakes etc!

Full Rewire of 3 bed Terraced property consisting of following:

2x standard bedrooms-3x sockets, 1x pendant & 1x switch

1x studio bedroom-1x phone socket, 3x usb sockets and 2x standard sockets, 1x pendant and 1x light switch.

Lounge-4x twin sockets & 1x pendant & switch

Dining Room- 2x twin sockets & 1x pendant and light switch

Kitchen-4x twin sockets, 3x appliance spurs with single sockets below worktop, 1x pendant light and 1x switch, 1x cooker switch and out let or fused spur and socket if gas cooker used.

Hallway-1x mains & battery interlinked smoke alarm & 1x twin socket & 1x 2 gang 2 way light switch for upstairs light.

Landing-1x mains & battery interlinked smoke alarm including 1x twin socket and 1x 2 gang 2 way light switch.

Porch-1x light and 1x switch.

Utility cupboard-1x twin socket & 1x batten holder light and switch

External w/c-1x pendant fitting including 1x light switch

Loft-Install 1x new 5ft strip light and single light switch to loft.

Fuse board-Replace old fuse board and replace with 10 way dual rcd metal clad consumer unit includes upgrading main earth to 16mm and meter tails to 25mm and gas and water earth bonding to 10mm.

Rewire or replace security PIR light to rear of garden if existing light does not work.

Install 3x no. sensor wireless burglar alarm including supply and & external sounder.

*Please note-all switchgear quoted will be white PVC. All making good to be done by third party.

Property is void and i have quoted ÂŁ4300 all in......

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Chaps,

Been asked to price up a 3 bed rewire with wireless alarm 3 sensors, db change etc and external w.c room and kitchen uility room all white pvc throughout been told it was expensive? I win most of my work but i dont really think it is that high? would appreciate your opinions and apologise in advance for any spelling mistakes etc!

Full Rewire of 3 bed Terraced property consisting of following:

2x standard bedrooms-3x sockets, 1x pendant & 1x switch
ÂŁ700
1x studio bedroom-1x phone socket, 3x usb sockets and 2x standard sockets, 1x pendant and 1x light switch.
ÂŁ380
Lounge-4x twin sockets & 1x pendant & switch
ÂŁ300
Dining Room- 2x twin sockets & 1x pendant and light switch
ÂŁ150
Kitchen-4x twin sockets, 3x appliance spurs with single sockets below worktop, 1x pendant light and 1x switch, 1x cooker switch and out let or fused spur and socket if gas cooker used.
ÂŁ530

Hallway-1x mains & battery interlinked smoke alarm & 1x twin socket & 1x 2 gang 2 way light switch for upstairs light.
ÂŁ230

Landing-1x mains & battery interlinked smoke alarm including 1x twin socket and 1x 2 gang 2 way light switch.

ÂŁ230

Porch-1x light and 1x switch.
ÂŁ50
Utility cupboard-1x twin socket & 1x batten holder light and switch
ÂŁ100
External w/c-1x pendant fitting including 1x light switch
ÂŁ70
Loft-Install 1x new 5ft strip light and single light switch to loft.
ÂŁ300
Fuse board-Replace old fuse board and replace with 10 way dual rcd metal clad consumer unit includes upgrading main earth to 16mm and meter tails to 25mm and gas and water earth bonding to 10mm.

ÂŁ400

Rewire or replace security PIR light to rear of garden if existing light does not work. ÂŁ90

Install 3x no. sensor wireless burglar alarm including supply and & external sounder.

ÂŁ450

*Please note-all switchgear quoted will be white PVC. All making good to be done by third party.

Property is void and i have quoted ÂŁ4300 all in......
Looks bang on to me. I've included prices and banged on 10%-20% brings it in at ÂŁ4378-ÂŁ4776.

thanks lee you sound very busy lucky you!! im fairly quiet at mo so told customer ÂŁ4k all in for cash...
Its slowed up over the last few months but got a few "hospital" jobs to tide us over for a few months. I have got 17 houses starting in a few months which should then roll over on to the 26 which is for the same builder so pretty much already got them in the bag:stooge_curly:

Has the customer accepted the 4K price? The trouble is sometimes you are competing with people who are willing to work for ÂŁ100 a day and up being busy fools not earning much and wont be in business for to long. Stick to your guns and don't join the race to the bottom :sifone:

lol working on a quote myself for 26 new build houses :computer: :icon11:.

mmm.. Just been doing some listing for the industrial pir... plenty inspection but I'm getting sick to death tonight with schedule after schedule. With a bit of luck I might get round to some testing later on in the week. :banghead:

mmm.. Just been doing some listing for the industrial pir... plenty inspection but I'm getting sick to death tonight with schedule after schedule. With a bit of luck I might get round to some testing later on in the week. :banghead:

lol boring as hell aren't they! at least you have a half decent price in for it........none of that ÂŁ6.10 a circuit malarkey :yesnod:

joke.jpg This is the calibre of them cheap re-wires haha

joke.jpg

joke 2.jpg

Reply to expensive quote??!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net