Discuss External Ze in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

tha, i think is because the meter puts a fault to earth when doing the test. obviously, if the earth terminal the meter connects to is not earthed, the RCD will not see the fault. if the meter actually put a L-N imbalance, then it would work.

IMO but I might be wrong the meter needs a earth connection to start the test even with a 3 lead test if Line & Neutral were connected without earth the meter would not allow the test. As for a imbalance with the Line & Neutral I suppose you could connect the earth lead to the neutral causing a imbalance but I would not be doing that. I see the op has not been back on with the questions asked so we will never find out. He states the test button works but I wouldn't be counting on that IMO ! Marvo & Glenn have summed it up !

This is why I no longer get involved in these types of posts yes I know people need help but I can no longer coach someone with 15 posts on a job like this. Plus the premise of chuck it in cos you can do no harm frankly worries me.

So in one of the OP's earlier threads "I am a time served sparks with 50 years experiance but not Part P"

bxllxcks is all I can say.

Reply to External Ze in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, while carrying out an EICR at a farm cottage on Friday i came up against a problem early on. Whilst measuring the Ze the reading i obtained...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Hi Ive looked around and i cant see this particular scenario being discussed. I think i may have been a numpty, but bear with me. I have just...
Replies
Views
I'm new to this but stuck with an issue, so I'm looking for some help wherever possible. I have just completed a rewire, which I have a potential...
Replies
Views
Those week I have mostly been fitting 20 x 10W flood lights on the sloping edge of a converted mill ceiling, nothing is straight, nothing level...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock