Discuss faild napit annual assessment with silly mistake of using type AC rcd instaed of type A in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
i have faild napit annual assessment with silly mistake of using on consumer unit type AC rcd instead of Type A rcd. i bought type A rcd but they wre type AC someone swap them inside the packege. but i understaind its my mistake i should have checked it. now i have changed them and sent in photo evidence but napit wants full reassessment and wants full ÂŁ354 pounds to do it. spoke to the assesser and he says he has to check everything again including all the paperwork and work on the site. surely this cant be right looking for good feed back as the person i am doing the work for thinks i am incompetent and holding my money or making excuses not to pay me.

Don't know about NAPIT, but with NICEIC (and ELECSA before), I have the impression a lot is down to the assessor. I'd have expected for something like accidentally the wrong RCD type, a photo of the corrected installation would suffice, assuming everything else is OK, that would fit with their guidance I've seen. Perhaps the assessor was having a bad day, perhaps the assessor has been told we need to raise more revenue, so try to put non-confirmities down for full reassessments. Maybe there is some appeals procedure?

I'm sorry to be a little blunt, but I think that is quite a big error on your part and that 'perhaps' the reassessment is justified. I'm not saying it is, just perhaps.

If I made an error like that I would just hold my hands up and make sure the new board was fitted perfectly.

When you say the customer is withholding money, have they not already paid you? Generally, the jobs I show have been done months before.

For future reference, whichever job you choose to show them, make sure it is done completely to the letter of BS7671.

I remember a few years back that rewire a kitchen, ring was made and one leg in 32amp was left in, day of testing with the test engineer, failed me for not having a 20amp in. He said send me of the pic of the final ring circuit.ever again.

Last edited:
Part of the job is to verify correct parts and components have been installed and you failed to do this, it was a fundamental error to not see it there are no excuses wrongly packaged or not. Accept it and move on.

Reply to faild napit annual assessment with silly mistake of using type AC rcd instaed of type A in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net