Discuss Feed to fan isolator in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Weird Beard

I'm wiring a barn conversion holiday let, and the bathroom will have surface mounted spot lights on exposed wooden beams. Is it ok to have the lighting feed go to/from the fan isolator, otherwise there will be 5 cables going to one spotlight: feed in, feed out, switch wire, 3 core to isolator and 1 to the other light- a bit obtrusive. I've googled it, but all diagrams seem to have feed to isolator from ceiling rose. Cheers.

Get an electrician in and he'll be able to advise you but yes, there are a million and one different ways you can wire up a number of accessories within a room.

Surprised that nobody's said that the fan does not have to be supplied from the light.

Reply to Feed to fan isolator in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, have an old bathroom fan. Which has two wires the black and red (line and neutral). The fan has no isolator switch and was powered when the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon everyone. I have fitted an extractor fan in my bathroom with an overrun timer, to start when the bathroom led lights are turned on...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm an apprentice electrician and have been doing some basic work on my bathroom with what I've picked up on site. I've split the mains...
Replies
Views
Hi I have bought a new bathroom fan to replace a faulty one. I don't have much cable available (emerging from wall) and it won't stretch to the...
Replies
Views
Part 1. I Have 2 red wires and one brown going into my ceiling pull chord UK light switch in bathroom. BROWN AND RED into L1 and RED into COM...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock