Discuss fluke 1652 multifunction tester in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sharpend, yes it does have a null for the leads for live testing. I have had the tester for about 3 years, i was speaking to a spark who also had the same tester & he told me not to bother nulling them for live tests.

To be honest I have the 1652 and can't say that I have nulled them for live tests. I seem to remember the machine not liking it if i tried? Usually I null them ready for dead tests, the machine then recognises that they have been nulled so I doesn't matter if you switch across the different tests it remains nulled. Try it with continuity, null the leads to carry out various tests then check back on continuity should find it remains nulled. That's how I understand it to work?

With the inconsistant contact resistance of the leads into the back of the tester I zero the leads all the time! I usually know what to expect with the different leads I use and zero until I get in the region of what I expect.

If you've got new leads you shouldn't have a problem but over time you will!!

Yes you do have to zero the leads I found this the hard way after calling the DNO out for a high ZE they were using a fluke tester as well. Saw them zero there leads so I zero'd mine and it came down by 0.05 which bought it below the max. Felt a right ........---.

Reply to fluke 1652 multifunction tester in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Morning everyone I’ve recently bought a fluke 1662 as my megger 1741 broke on a site last week. Does the fluke have the same capability as the...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Hi so i am doing a test on sockets on a ring Final circuit for family member. Got my end to ends r1 0.62, rn 0.64, r2 0.97, identified opposite...
Replies
Views
I’ve recently come into a people’s with my fluke T130 I’ve been proving it recently on my fluke proving unit and it shows 60v then ramps up to 90v...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm just starting to fit EV chargers as part of our solar installs. Just looking at the tester options I currently have a Megger 1711 but this...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock