• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss Ford Transit Connect. in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SirKit Breaker

OK then as some of you know i am coming to the end of an era, and with deep regret the van has to go.

So my very reliable 2004 "53" plate Ford Transit Connect 1.8TDDi 75PS SWB van has to go within the next 2 or 3 weeks cos i am getting a car.
It comes with a full size roof rack, british gas racking, remote control (remote needs a battery) radio CD player with ipod jack, JBL 6.5 inch component speakers cos i cant be bothered to take them out of the doors, the original ford radio, 4 spare wheels with a couple of good tyres and 2 that need punctures repairing, so you could get a set of winter tyres fitted.

It has done a genuine 79000 miles, been well maintained by my mate who has his own garage regardless of cost. It has never broken down in the 2 and half years i have owned it, it starts first time every time even at minus 20 degrees last winter, but you may need to budget for a battery this winter. Very good overall condition, it is a working vehicle so dont expect showroom condition, there is no body damage, fully ply lined, factory fitted full sized mesh bulkhead which swings so you can put long loads in, side loading door, remote central locking. I thought the clutch was slipping, but it turned out that i had overloaded the van when i put 40 boxes of tiles in with all the other stuff i cart about.

The MOT runs out in August, but i will put a new one on it, and it is also due a service so i will get that done as well.

So I am offering a fully serviced, fully tested, taxed till november ready for work and in very good condition van, stick some fuel in and get it insured and you are on the road for £2200 NO VAT. I will deliver anywhere in the country for cost of fuel and return rail fare.

PM me if you are interested, but remember i will need time to get it serviced and tested,and also remove the signwritting. Any trial or inspection welcome, if you want to drive it please bring proof of insurance. Oh and i forgot to mention it has been remapped from 75bhp to 100bhp

Cheers...........Howard

know im gutted just brought a transit connect 4 days a go and i gave 3000 for it cos i couldn't find a half decent one anywhere, :bomb2:
i have the worst luck in the world,

Just looked at one here 2006 but 84000on clock they want 6500 euro wish i could get but long way to leeds
OK then as some of you know i am coming to the end of an era, and with deep regret the van has to go.

So my very reliable 2004 "53" plate Ford Transit Connect 1.8TDDi 75PS SWB van has to go within the next 2 or 3 weeks cos i am getting a car.
It comes with a full size roof rack, british gas racking, remote control (remote needs a battery) radio CD player with ipod jack, JBL 6.5 inch component speakers cos i cant be bothered to take them out of the doors, the original ford radio, 4 spare wheels with a couple of good tyres and 2 that need punctures repairing, so you could get a set of winter tyres fitted.

It has done a genuine 79000 miles, been well maintained by my mate who has his own garage regardless of cost. It has never broken down in the 2 and half years i have owned it, it starts first time every time even at minus 20 degrees last winter, but you may need to budget for a battery this winter. Very good overall condition, it is a working vehicle so dont expect showroom condition, there is no body damage, fully ply lined, factory fitted full sized mesh bulkhead which swings so you can put long loads in, side loading door, remote central locking. I thought the clutch was slipping, but it turned out that i had overloaded the van when i put 40 boxes of tiles in with all the other stuff i cart about.

The MOT runs out in August, but i will put a new one on it, and it is also due a service so i will get that done as well.

So I am offering a fully serviced, fully tested, taxed till november ready for work and in very good condition van, stick some fuel in and get it insured and you are on the road for £2200 NO VAT. I will deliver anywhere in the country for cost of fuel and return rail fare.

PM me if you are interested, but remember i will need time to get it serviced and tested,and also remove the signwritting. Any trial or inspection welcome, if you want to drive it please bring proof of insurance. Oh and i forgot to mention it has been remapped from 75bhp to 100bhp

Cheers...........Howard

Thanks for PM's and replies. i have read them all and over the weekend i will forward you the info and piccy's you request.

I have bought a car, so after Friday the van will be off the road, my mate has told me he will get it tested and serviced as soon as possible w/c 11-7-2011.
I will just add to be honest, my mate although he is an MOT tester does not have the MOT facilities at his garage, he farms them out, so you can rest assured it will be properly tested and not just given a bit of paper, not that i would want that sort of thing doing anyway. I like to be safe, and i would like to think that whoever buys and travels in it will also be safe.

Cheers...........Howard

Connect Photo's......... 100_0351.jpg100_0352.jpg100_0353.jpg100_0354.jpg100_0357.jpg100_0358.jpg100_0359.jpg100_0360.jpg100_0361.jpg100_0362.jpg100_0363.jpg100_0364.jpg100_0365.jpg100_0366.jpg100_0367.jpg

Nice van
the size of van i would be looking at and with the gas racking sorted

Like the name
£2200 sounds about right to me I have looked at a few and they all want Vat as well as charging over the odds for them
I was going to buy a kangoo of a mate who gave up his electrical business for similar price and mileage
mate i am tempted lol

dont need one just yet but i am looking i have enough to pay for at minute lol elecsa ,NVQ, 2330, more tools and equipment etc etc

this is around the price range i am thinking of paying for my first one my mate is a top mechanic already got him looking about also

muxt be a pain in the arse removeing all them tools every night as per your sticker on back door!

It takes about 2 or 3 minutes to unload rear part straight into my outhouse which is part of the house but the door is on the drive. There isnt anything of any real worth in the front part so i dont bother unloading that. Its a pain when its raining, but a lot less of a pain than finding some scrote has nicked your gear the following morning.

Cheers..........Howard

Ok then, the van has been tested and serviced, ready to go, and taxed till end of November.

It has had a nearside outer CV boot and a brake light bulb for the MOT, no other problems or advisorys. It has had a full service, new oil and filters etc.

£2250 no VAT and its yours. It is going on the autotrader website over the weekend at the same price.

Cheers..........Howard

Reply to Ford Transit Connect. in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net