Discuss Formula 1 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SYKRAPS

Good Evening All,

After the display at the weekend in the Gran Prix and team orders I find it difficult to understand how if a driver does or does not pass another car under the instruction of his team management when it is within his capabilities how this is not construed as 'Match Rigging'.

If people are wagering money on the outcome how is this a fair reflection of what could have been?

Is allowing a team mate to pass you because you are told to or staying behind a team mate because you are told to not comparable to deliberately letting a goal in at football thus influencing a result?????

I have this gripe because I had money on Rosberg to Podium........and I think it stinks.

What do you guys think?

they ( the f1 teams / FIA ) were supposed to have outlawed team orders several seasons ago for the greater good of an open race.
clearly not.

bring back the days of mansell , senna , lauder et all
it was less about the car and more about the driver , twas a golden age for f1 ;-)

Bring back the coverage to BBC - free for all to watch and not lining Sky's pockets.

Sweden took F1 to pay to view a long time back and now almost nobody watches it any more.

The thing is Murdoch some sort of subscription service is generally a "must have" these days. As long as it's popular your namesake Rupert will want to keep it.

The thing is Murdoch some sort of subscription service is generally a "must have" these days. As long as it's popular your namesake Rupert will want to keep it.

Won't be in my house!

Twas looking at European feeds to watch whilst listening to R5LSX!

do you remember when itv had f1 for a year or 2
commercial breaks in the middle of a live race ??
schumaker overtaking damon hill interupted by daz automatic wash powder ads lol.
it was pityful to watch , almost comical in its pathetic broadcast.

I agree, we've only got sky in because it's cheap with the bundled phone and internet. If it weren't for that I think we'd bin it and just cherry pick from what's streamed.

Accept it and don't gamble on it!

Not really the point, if the drivers were not given orders by the team Rosberg would have finished on the podium 'more than likely'

I remember something similar in a The Ryder Cup at The K Club when everyone halved their matches after Europe holed the winning putt no matter what their match score was........I just think its wrong that a miss result IMO goes down in the history books especially when people have money on the events

they ( the f1 teams / FIA ) were supposed to have outlawed team orders several seasons ago for the greater good of an open race.
clearly not.

bring back the days of mansell , senna , lauder et all
it was less about the car and more about the driver , twas a golden age for f1 ;-)

Team orders have been back for about three or four seasons now, most of the top teams allow their drivers to race until one driver has the clear edge over the other for final points. Remember when Vettel and Webber took each other off about three seasons ago, cost them a one two if I remember right.

I don't think it's right , but it is a team sport , and strategy is a big part of the game.

So you agree but I need to get a grip????????????

I am lost by your reply tbh.

I'm tired and I'm slightly lost with your original question, but anyway...
Do you really think these big players give a flying ---- for your average punter?
No chance! You're talking multi million dollar deals here, they'll be bending the 'rules' which ever way suits them.
Remember when team orders weren't allowed and Schumacher passed Barrichello...

OK from another point then with team strategy................Its week 2 it is hardly showing fairness to the drivers.

How do they ask the current champion to stay in 2nd position (although he ignored this I know) when as he proved he was better than Webber on the day?

I'm tired and I'm slightly lost with your original question, but anyway...
Do you really think these big players give a flying ---- for your average punter?
No chance! You're talking multi million dollar deals here, they'll be bending the 'rules' which ever way suits them.
Remember when team orders weren't allowed and Schumacher passed Barrichello...

Lol Archy it was a Rant not a question really mate

Reply to Formula 1 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net