Discuss Full rewire - Avg terrace in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I will be approaching building control to have my work checked and will be getting an isolator fitted to the below setup before I disconnect everything and fit a temporary board.
Have you actually discussed this with your BC?

In my experience with my BC, they weren't interested in certification themselves and finding someone certified as third party was just as impracticable.

Have you actually discussed this with your BC?

In my experience with my BC, they weren't interested in certification themselves and finding someone certified as third party was just as impracticable.
Not yet no, sounds like a call to them just to confirm everything may be a job for me first thing Monday. I should really stop assuming things will go the way I expect them to with out checking... Thanks for the advice.

It can unfortunately vary by council / area. Some will do it but charge quite a lot for the service. Others simply don't engage.

If you end up in that camp the other possibility is doing a search on Napit's website for someone offering third party certification (TPC) in the hope there's someone local who is willing to discuss plans, inspect first fix, 2nd fix and do the required paperwork.
A quick glance suggests there are a few signed up to do TPC in your area. But you may find that not everyone conned into buying signed up to do TPC is actually willing to do it.

It can unfortunately vary by council / area. Some will do it but charge quite a lot for the service. Others simply don't engage.

If you end up in that camp the other possibility is doing a search on Napit's website for someone offering third party certification (TPC) in the hope there's someone local who is willing to discuss plans, inspect first fix, 2nd fix and do the required paperwork.
A quick glance suggests there are a few signed up to do TPC in your area. But you may find that not everyone conned into buying signed up to do TPC is actually willing to do it.
I will chase it up and see, I do have someone I could approach who wasn't registered to sign off third party work last I spoke to him but he may have taken that on since. Hopefully BC will get in board and it will be straight forward. From looking through their docs they are offering a service relating to electrical work however whether they actually play ball may be another story entirely as has been mentioned above

New pics of the boards... Any advice re asbestos?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220102_143117_096.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20220102_142828_169.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20220102_142651_335.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 25

Reply to Full rewire - Avg terrace in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net