Discuss Gadgets, gifts and stuff in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I love gadgets!
I love gifts!
I love stuff...
Today, in the mail, I got a nice big red envelope from Aico, enclosing my Installer sticker, Installer's handbook and a multi-purpose pen which is indeed a pen, but has a reversible screwdriver bit at one end. Sadly, being plastic, the screwdriver isn't great as the bits revolve in tight screws, but handy nevertheless. Ideal for removing bases and for house-coding, as they say in the accompanying letter.
Anyway, it reminded me of my favourite "pen" I got many years ago, but still available now...the Hexstyli 6. It has a stylus at one end, perfect for touch screens when your fingers are too thick or cold, and unscrew that and you have the double-ended screwdriver. All metal, so quite robust. The stylus end can be screwed onto the pen end to save it getting lost.
The pen has a replaceable cartridge, and a knurled barrel to screw it in and out, and the rest of the barrel is aluminium, marked with inch and centimetre scales, plus a spirit level and pocket clip.
In days gone by it came in a fancy presentation case, but nowadays it's a bubble-pack presentation. You can get replacement ink cartridges and stylus rubber tips too.
I always have one in my pocket, levelling socket fronts, jotting notes, typing on my phone, tightening small screws etc.
If you work on PCs, the tiny screwdrivers are very useful for those small screws, and the flat blade can be used on some Wago DIN rail connectors.
For less than a tenner, they make a nice gift too.

I need to get out more...

Reply to Gadgets, gifts and stuff in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I’m looking to upgrade my tool bag and can’t decide which Veto bag is right for me. Nobody ever seems to have a claw hammer in their bags in the...
Replies
Views
What's the most badly designed accessory you've had to install? I present my nomination, the ML Accessories/Knightsbridge RWL5 wall-mounted LED...
Replies
Views
HI! I'm a disabled guy, Cerebral Palsy, Hydrocephalus, Dyspraxia and Asperger's, who's been put into (basically) a one-room flat, there is a...
Replies
Views
It is coming up to that time of year again when it is time to start thinking about Christmas presents for your partner. You probably have not got...
Replies
Views
Thanks for letting me join the forum! I took my C&G 2360, 2391, 2381 (16th Edition) 15+ years ago, but electrics became peripheral to my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock