Discuss Gale force winds + rushed installations = Disaster!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

synergy power

Hi everyone,

Are there any installs that have been affected by the violent weather?

I cant help but think that with the very strong gale winds we have been having in the past few days along mixed with the reduction in quality of PV installs up to the 12th December, there would be some installs with serious problems! :icon13:

ive seen half a dozen trees on their sides today, on my travels. Id hate to think of the forces that must require, and the amount fo force it takes to lift a panel from the roof?

I think the more likely scenario would be severe uplift on the panels lifting roofs clean off.

Having said that, I wonder how many ClickFit systems have been installed on rotting battens.

Well, none of my customers have been on the phone so I'm happy. At least their flying panels took their phone lines out too, if nothing else....

Just returned from a run over a local hill where a competitor installed a system after the deadline, with the panels sitting up over the hip of the roof (array is on the back of the house but you can see the panels from the front!). They're still on the roof despite terrible gales for the last couple of days. Quite disappointed I was!

all good here except for one, chattering tile on a bracket easy fix, mine are still on, but good god what a noise, it sounded like thunder with the air rushing underneath.

I hope it was the same contractor I lost a job on a Norfolk school to, even though I was cheaper but wasn't on their approved list!!

I cant help but think that with the very strong gale winds we have been having in the past few days along mixed with the reduction in quality of PV installs up to the 12th December, there would be some installs with serious problems! :icon13:[/QUOTE]
I went to a job today to do a thermal service and the customer had a pv array mounted to an A frame on to a flat roof, the company who installed it mounted the A frame on to some small poxy stone flags hence yesterday the hole thing slid to one side of the roof near the edge! Also to my surprise the customer was told no planning was required for this installation, shockIng!

I cant help but think that with the very strong gale winds we have been having in the past few days along mixed with the reduction in quality of PV installs up to the 12th December, there would be some installs with serious problems! :icon13:[/QUOTE]
I went to a job today to do a thermal service and the customer had a pv array mounted to an A frame on to a flat roof, the company who installed it mounted the A frame on to some small poxy stone flags hence yesterday the hole thing slid to one side of the roof near the edge! Also to my surprise the customer was told no planning was required for this installation, shockIng!

..but good god what a noise, it sounded like thunder with the air rushing underneath.
Are, not just us then; quite a noticeable noise from I assumed wind going under/around the panels - not heard it before on previous blows, pre-panel install. I rather wish some of the cabling was a bit better tied up under the panels...

All still working though.

We had a 15 foot trampoline blow onto one of our installations, a fella build a purpose built shed up the end of his garden. I think he is going to claim off his neighbours house insurance

Yes lucky it was only one of them that smashed. But one other has a quite substantial gauge out of it. So the customer is going to claim for both of them. When Im over there next ill grab some pictures.
Quite lucky tbh that it was only the one. The trampoline literally was sitting on top of it at the time we got there.

Reply to Gale force winds + rushed installations = Disaster!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net