Discuss Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bundy is probably one of the better celeb sparks and for most part does nice neat and tidy work

Del is the same he tries his best in often awkward situations where the original install is a lash and he tries to make the best of a bad situation

Not even on a sub-main where you have not exported the main board earth?
You have to meet disconnection times... we all know on a TT most often the way to achieve this will be with a RCD. I guess the point @westward10 was making (playing devil's advocate I think) was that the regs don't explicitly say "you must use an RCD" ...

You have to meet disconnection times... we all know on a TT most often the way to achieve this will be with a RCD. I guess the point @westward10 was making (playing devil's advocate I think) was that the regs don't explicitly say "you must use an RCD" ...
It gives options with rcds being the 'preferred method'.

I've met Nick in person he's a nice guy very down to earth, watching his videos I think he does a good job but he's very much a domestic domestic electrician, kitchens, rewires and that's about it

There is no absolute requirement in BS7671 to use an rcd on a TT system.
There is no absolute requirement in BS7671 to use an rcd on a TT system.
I should have said "He didn't know he should have used one as, he had little choice as it wouldn't have met the requirements, instead he went home happy with his finished install then had to go back after he was told and install one.

So he obviously didn't know about ADS etc either.

Last edited:
I should not have said most of "Europe" as I only know about one or two other countries.

The main function of the 500ma RCD is to turn off the electricity if the consumer tries to pull more than their paid for tariff, since the installation of smart metres this seem to happen more regularly, the excuse's being that the head room is now less, or that you where not paying enough previously.

Presumably by being set to the value of the Amperage of the tariff its denoted as a "Disconjoncteur Quatrepolaire de branchement type S 500 Mah" mine was three phase and had three windows along the top that said 20 that being my amp tariff per phase. I have a picture somewhere I will see if I can find it.

This is the CU I inherited when we purchased the RCD is under the CU:
DSC00440.jpeg

Reply to Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net