Currently reading:
Green Deal & Eco Funds

Discuss Green Deal & Eco Funds in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Does anybody know of any companies that currently have eco finance available, one of our providers have let us down and run out of cash!

What do you mean? Allocated to all the big guys?? Have you seen the Encraft assessment of GD so far - really interesting.

£300 pound for a boiler change and you have to provide £100 of pipe and fittings!

That's a lot of profit to the provider and none to the installer!

No thanks. I can't put a guy in a van and cover his NI fuel and holidays for that and keep up the GDI and all the admin involved.

£300 pound for a boiler change and you have to provide £100 of pipe and fittings!

That's a lot of profit to the provider and none to the installer!

No thanks. I can't put a guy in a van and cover his NI fuel and holidays for that and keep up the GDI and all the admin involved.

so £465 boiler, with £300 installation fee inc parts....... now that's a real recipe for a quality boiler installation that's going to stand the test of time, and not end up with CO poisonings, condensate pipes freezing in winter, etc etc

Can't see how anyone's going to be able to powerflush the heating system for that price either, so the boiler will be gunged up immediately.

I predict lots of angry consumer articles and watchdog reports next winter about all these ECO boilers that are failing and leaving vulnerable householders with no heating in freezing conditions, and the install company is nowhere to be seen for the warranty as they went bust as soon as the eco funding ran out.

£2k is about the right price at the bottom end for a proper quality condensing boiler installation with powerflush, internal condensate drains to prevent winter freezing etc etc from a company that will still be in business to honour the warranty IMO. Maybe you could shave 20-30% off that for bulk, but not 60-70%.

disaster in the making here, people will die from the cold / CO poisoning / gas explosions as a result IMO.

Funds available are much in excess of £2000!

If you have a EPR and refer to ECO brokerage you can work it out for yourself.

Installers won't be getting a fair share though! All geared for BG and the like.

no idea what any of that is, so I assume I can't, or at least can't be bothered.

The EPR tells you how much CO2 is (supposed) to be saved by a new boiler.

GD Brokerage tells you how much an amount of CO2 savings is priced at.

Multiply one by the other to get the GD ECO value of the boiler replacement.

That's nearly right. Boilers are priced at pounds saving over life of boiler and then auctioned at pence in the pound.

The providers are trying to keep all the real profit but its a risk if they can't fulfil their commitment to brokerage. So installers hang fire especially if you can deliver big numbers!

We all need to make a living and low prices to installers will just deliver crap jobs!

I'm talking about ECO! Plenty of enquiries for Green Deal shame system isn't working!

BG obviously not interested whilst they are emptying the ECO pot!

Suspect there will be lots of installer casualties! Only for the brave or stupid!

Reply to Green Deal & Eco Funds in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back