Discuss Grip it in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Never even heard of the dry line pro either seems a great idea also and proven as well it seems , it takes ages for new products getting to wholesalers this neck of the woods , it's all old hat for you guys when it's new to me

Have always used hollow wall anchors with an applicator tool like these
http://www.NoLinkingToThis/c/screws...101?cm_sp=level3-_-screwsfixings-_-hollowwall

Really easy to use and only leave a small hole if removed (just use a drill bit for metal)

Last edited:
Have always used hollow wall anchors with an applicator tool like these
Hollow Wall Anchors | Anchors | NoLinkingToThis

Really easy to use and only leave a small hole if removed (just use a drill bit for metal)

I use these find them usefull and easy dont think they will work on dot n dab as they need room behind the plasterboard. but on dot n dab I use longer fixings and fix to the substrate below

is it a sex toy? connect 12V battery to the 2 termimals, give it to the wife/girlfriend, stand back?

Crap. They're all or mostly crap, the only ones worth using are the snaptoggles, expensive though, worth out about £1.10 each If it isnt heavy like a rose or something then drywall screws are adequate.

I see these grip it fixings on dragons den...peter jones pulled the radiator off the plasterboard wall.

And the guy doing the pitch blamed it on the plasterboard being damp

Don't bother, they are expensive and difficult to install correctly every time!!

That was my thought when I saw them in a plumbers merchants,

I have never used them mainly due to the cost but also the installation of them looks over complicated compared to the many other fixings out there that will do the same job

And the guy doing the pitch blamed it on the plasterboard being damp

That was my thought when I saw them in a plumbers merchants,

I have never used them mainly due to the cost but also the installation of them looks over complicated compared to the many other fixings out there that will do the same job

Unless the plasterboard is in perfect condition with only one even coat of plaster they are overly difficult to install.

The thing is you have to drill a relatively large hole and the blades at the rear are quite small, so they don't grip the board any better than cheaper simpler options on the market.
If the drilled hole is too sloppy or the plasterboard crumbles slightly the fixing falls through and is very difficult to keep in place while trying to fix & mount your item.
Has I mentioned before, they work quite well if they are installed absolutely spot on. But this takes practice, time and a really good solid plasterboard wall.

Bottom line is, they aren't (in my opinion) worth the cost or the hassle.

Last edited:
I thought they were good when I used them.

Had a plasterboard wall which normal fixings just wouldn't grip into or pulled out so easily. Screwfix was local so I nipped round to see what they had, bought these and thought they was good. Easy to install and solid fix.

Reply to Grip it in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net